Looking for:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for:

Hey everybody, I’m 15 years old and just getting into welding. I can’t afford a new machine so I thought I’d ask here, does anybody have a millermatic 251 or something along those lines? I’m looking for a larger mig welder that runs on single phase power. Thanks a bunch!

Ben

Welcome! You'll have to tell us the general area where you live since shipping would be very expensive. We have a pretty good supply of welders here in the Midwest but it's hard to find a Millermatic 251 for less than $1,500 unless it's really beat up.

Comment

I live in Victoria British Columbia, my neighbour has a millermatic 251 for 1400 bucks but it’s fairly trashed, it works well but has melted bits in the plastic and a few surface rust spots.

Comment

I think most of my machines have some rust spots, some look like hammer dog poop, but they all run like raped apes. If he’s asking $1400, offer him a little less and see if he takes it. Your first machine doesn’t have to be a Cadillac or look like a swim suit model, it just needs to mostly work. My MM250 I salvaged out from under a tree in some redneck’s yard. It looks slightly better than it did when I brought it home but it functions as intended.

Comment

Originally posted by 72challengerman View Post
          I live in Victoria British Columbia, my neighbour has a millermatic 251 for 1400 bucks but it’s fairly trashed, it works well but has melted bits in the plastic and a few surface rust spots.
          Not a single diamond on this earth came from the ground cut and polished. If it works good. The digital displays work correctly and the features work buy it. These things are pretty robust. Sheet metal and tin wear case can be repaired and straighted up. Ebay some decals, rustolum safety blue is a good cheap solution to paint as it matches the miller blue really close.
          Dynasty 400 Wireless
          Coolmate 3.5
          Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
          ​Watermate 1A
          XMT350 CC/CV
          S74DX Feeder
          Optima Pulse Pendant
          WC24
          30A spoolgun
          Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
          Avortec 280 mig
          GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
          Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
          Victor flow meters
          Flametech Duel flowmeter
          Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
          and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

They were asking 1700 and I offered 1400. It’s canadian dollars do a bit cheaper. Thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Working...
            X