No announcement yet.

Miller 330 A/BP build date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to have to fire a stick up on my6 synch next to the DC buzzer. Its been a while since I ran any machine side by side. Last time I did it was the Maxstar and I actually give a little edge to the buzzer on restarts.

Comment

• (If we put the 2 machines on the other side of the wall where they couldnt be seen or heard I bet the list of people could tell them apart from the stinger end with a 1/8 would be rather short.

Comment

• Ryan, You probably already know this but you can increase the intensity / gap-jumping capability of the HF by increasing the point gap...it's in the manual.

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          During my test run, I did notice a little flutter in the top HF set of points, so it might just be that she’s crudded up a little. I don’t use her a whole lot to tig aluminum, usually it’s my syncrowave or the HTP. I did notice that the arc sometimes would not initiate on DC without first touching the tungsten to the work, then the arc would start when I gave her gas. I could here the HF start firing, but it would not jump to the work piece. Probably a symptom of some other component wearing out, but I’m not smart enough just yet to know those things. I’m working on it.
          My guess is likely something that needs cleaning/adjusting, as you say. I don't see any immediate reason changing the rectifiers should have changed anything--not in that circuit.

Comment

• Roger that guys. It’s only the top set too, and then it seems the HF is unsteady on just the top half of the points at that even. So probably just some cleaning up and setting the gap like Helios suggested.

Comment

Working...
            X