question bout spoolmatic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question bout spoolmatic

i noticed on the much cheaper hobart 240 ironman there was a switch for on and off for spool gun....well...my new 252 came today...no switch?...whats going on?....so if i hook up spool gun its always on?....confused as to how miller would cheap out like this...do i have something wrong here? thanks guys
    sigpic
    "OUR ONLY LIMITATION IS YOUR MIND"

It's the other way around. The MM252 detects which gun is being used and energizes the correct one....so you can keep both connected and not have to change anything. They call it "Auto Gun Detect" and it's highlighted on the product page, the manual and the spec sheet. Read man, read!

Comment

Plug it in and pick of the spoolgun and start adjusting the WFS on the handle, you’ll see. It’ll be fine.

Comment

MM252 display reads whichever gun you last touched the trigger on - mig gun readout AND adjustment is all done on the big knobs on machine panel, but the spoolgun has that remote wire feed knob on the bottom of the grip. The WFS DOES read out on the machine, but WFS adjust happens on the spoolgun handle.
        Also, on the spool gun the gas control is MANUAL - machine on or off, touching the spoolgun's trigger WILL flow gas unless the reg/bottle is turned off.
        Gas to the MIG gun is solenoid in the welder.

You REALLY need to RTFM - there are a few features that will bite you in the A** if you're not aware (like touching the trigger when you turn it on, for example)... Steve

Comment

Working...
        X