Multiprocess Miller Dimension 452

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiprocess Miller Dimension 452

I am currently trying to tig weld using my Miller dimension, and it welds fine if I don’t use the foot pedal. When I hook up the foot pedal it only acts as an on/off switch without controlling the amperage. Any advice or help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Check the front panel control switch labelled "Control" and make sure it is set to "Remote". This should allow you to have a "master/slave" control relationship with the remote foot pedal you are using. (see attached image for seeing the switch I am talking about)
    Attached Files

Comment

Thank you. That may have been part of it but now it will turn on when I press the foot pedal but it stays at a lower amperage. Like it’s starting at the lower end of the scale but won’t go up. Could it be the foot pedal?

Comment

Have you tried turning that big knob in that panel to max?

Comment

That wasn’t the issue. I asked the mech that works next to my shop to borrow his multi meter and did a check of the wires. Open circuit across the potentiometer. I opened it up and found the common wire for the potentiometer folded in half. I’m fixing that now. I’ll post an update once I test it. Thank you

Comment

Got it working as intended. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X