280 On Sale : New Model Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 280 On Sale : New Model Coming?

Hard to pin all the prices down but it 'appears' at least that the supply houses are marking down prices on the Miller Dynasty 280DX.

The last time I saw this was when I bought my 200DX and less than a year later the 280DX came on the market.

I'm in the market to upgrade and if there's something like a 300 coming soon I'd consider not buying a 280 now.

Anyone hearing any rumors about a 280 replacement about to emerge?
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

$6500 for a bare bones machine up tp $9800 fully loaded at Weldersupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post
      Hard to pin all the prices down but it 'appears' at least that the supply houses are marking down prices on the Miller Dynasty 280DX.

The last time I saw this was when I bought my 200DX and less than a year later the 280DX came on the market.

I'm in the market to upgrade and if there's something like a 300 coming soon I'd consider not buying a 280 now.

Anyone hearing any rumors about a 280 replacement about to emerge?
      I have 4 senerios in my mind. #1 I'd say AC Independent Amplitude is getting ready to come out as standard equipment on the 280 without the use of the separate purcasable card. #2 they are dropping the Dynasty name from the 280 multi process (VS model) and making it a multimatic like the 220 and making it standard Equipment. #3 a 300 is coming back. #4 They are going to cram the Dynasty 280 in with the 255 or multimatic with full Featured AC tig, pulse/double pulse mig.and integrated feeder making it the ultimate Multiprocess one machine, one station unit Just speculation. With the Increasing popularity of Multiprocess machines I would say we might be looking at a 300-350 amp one stop shop welding power source. If #4 was to happen and they can keep cost under 10k it will be a hit. That would be the ultimate serious Multiprocess machine and my machine floor foot print just got way smaller. I'd buy 2. Especially if it's a full bore 350 amp machine single phase machine. I'd sell all of my stuff...stop researching rotaphases and buy...well maybe the Aerowave would stay just for conversation.
      Last edited by sledsports; 03-29-2021, 12:32 AM.
      Dynasty 400 Wireless
      Coolmate 3.5
      Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
      ​Watermate 1A
      XMT350 CC/CV
      S74DX Feeder
      Optima Pulse Pendant
      WC24
      30A spoolgun
      Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
      Avortec 280 mig
      GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
      Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
      Victor flow meters
      Flametech Duel flowmeter
      Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
      and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

Originally posted by sledsports View Post

I have 4 senerios in my mind. #1 I'd say AC Independent Amplitude is getting ready to come out as standard equipment on the 280 without the use of the separate purcasable card. #2 they are dropping the Dynasty name from the 280 multi process (VS model) and making it a multimatic like the 220 and making it standard Equipment. #3 a 300 is coming back. #4 They are going to cram the Dynasty 280 in with the 255 or multimatic with full Featured AC tig, pulse/double pulse mig.and integrated feeder making it the ultimate Multiprocess one machine, one station unit Just speculation. With the Increasing popularity of Multiprocess machines I would say we might be looking at a 300-350 amp one stop shop welding power source. If #4 was to happen and they can keep cost under 10k it will be a hit. That would be the ultimate serious Multiprocess machine and my machine floor foot print just got way smaller. I'd buy 2. Especially if it's a full bore 350 amp machine single phase machine. I'd sell all of my stuff...stop researching rotaphases and buy...well maybe the Aerowave would stay just for conversation.

Like Bitcoin; there is no high, right? :-)
        =======================
        Miller 211 AutoSet
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX
        Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
        Francisco Goya

Comment

Working...
        X