Miller 175 troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 175 troubleshoot

Hi im new to this forum.I have a miller 175 serial number Le102178.The welder is totally dead.I have checked the circuit board and it is working.(put it in my friends 175 and worked fine)I have ohmed the circuit breaker at the rear of the welder and it is fine.I have also checked the on off switch and it is good.Also ohmed the fan motor and it has the correct readings on each of the two leads.When i turn on the welder all i hear is the transformer humming.The last time the welder worked the fan was spinning very slowly and the two led lights on the board were extremely dim.

Originally posted by John exc View Post
    ...Also ohmed the fan motor and it has the correct readings ... The last time the welder worked the fan was spinning very slowly and the two led lights on the board were extremely dim.
    Don't take offense, but we don't know you well enough to know your qualifications. What do you mean you 'ohmed the fan motor and it had the correct reading?' What was your number, and your reasoning that it checked out? Because the symptom describes a bad fan, which also powers the circuit board. Are there other wires connected to the fan?

I don't have my MM175 anymore to check. It was a good machine, but that was a while ago.

Comment

I know the fan transformer supplies power to the circuit board.I questioned a miller teck and he said the two white leads from the fan should have 5 ohms of resistance mine was at 3.8.The black leads should have 50 ohms and mine was at 50.6 .The fan was the first thing that was checked but with the resistance values close to what i was told ,i am not sure that is the problem.Im hoping someone has some input on this.

Comment

I would circle back and test for correct input voltage coming in to PC1 at RC4 & RC5 then at the fan motor 120V AC in 24V AC out. Input power / CB1/ fan motor & power switch very simple power up tests your problem is with one of these 4 components.

Comment

Working...
        X