Miller Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Classic

Another newb asking about auto darken helmets. I see the Miller Elite, and similar models. Most get pretty good reviews. I also see things like the Miller Classic, for a lot cheaper.

What's the downside? What am I giving up if I get the Classic?

Thanks in advance . . .

Its all about window size. I think there are two sizes smaller than the elite, the classic and the hobbyist or something like that. FWIW, and I have had 4 different Elites, I think my current hood, the Digital Infinity beats the Elite out by a good margin.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
      Its all about window size.
      Got it. Thanks!

Comment

Also the less expensive hoods may have fewer sensors, which is ok depending on how much welding you do. I had an older (pre-clearlight DE) and now a new one and like it a lot. Also have a pre-clearlight DI and although the viewing area is larger it is also heavier, which may not be an issue for some.

Not sure about the Classic, but I really like the X mode in the DE and DI as I do mostly TIG welding
        Richard
        West coast of Florida

Comment

Thanks. I don't do a huge amount of welding, but what I do is mostly TIG. Sounds like I'm better off with the higher end unit.

Though I'm upgrading from an old Jackson fixed-darkness helmet with a small window. So any of these will be a big step up

Comment

Working...
          X