Parameter chart errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameter chart errors

I was welding some 1/4" plate with my MM185 last night and noticed apparent errors on the chart decal inside the lid. There is discrepancy between that chart and the one in the owners manual. Here is the link to the manual, the chart begins on page 14

https://www.millerwelds.com/files/ow...o1313l_mil.pdf

I didn't take a photo of the decal chart but will add that to this post later.

They should only get you close, and you have to adjust from there anyway. How far off are they?

Comment

Dang humans and their errors.

Comment

Here’s the chart from inside cover

Comment

....compare with chart on page 19 from the owner's manual. Note for steel, solid .030 wire, 75/25 mix (5th row) the parameters don't agree for 1/4" thickness (4/58 vs 5/75), quite a difference!

Last edited by bplaxton; 03-07-2021, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Looks like a misprint in the door chart.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
              Looks like a misprint in the door chart.
              I'm inclined to agree. They have the same voltage tap (4) for both 3/16 and 1/4, but with LESS wire speed (amperage) for 1/4. That doesn't make sense. I'd start with the manual's recommendation and adjust from there.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post

I'm inclined to agree. They have the same voltage tap (4) for both 3/16 and 1/4, but with LESS wire speed (amperage) for 1/4. That doesn't make sense. I'd start with the manual's recommendation and adjust from there.
                yes I believe the manual is correct

Comment

Working...
                X