Millermatic 211 Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millermatic 211 Settings

Is there a settings resource for weld conditions not listed on the welder door? I have a 2020 Millermatic 211 and am working with gas shielded flux core Kiswel E71T-1C/1M .045 and gas shielded Stainless Steel Flux Cored Wire E308LT1 .035. I have done OK at dialing in the settings myeself. But it would be helpful if there was a reference for situations not listed on the welder door to help with getting started.
    Thank you for your help.

I just take a guess and then fine-tune until my welds suck due to my skill instead of due to the settings...

Comment

Even when you are using the exact stuff the door chart is written for, your settings will still vary slightly based on exact input power voltage, and personal welding style. The chart just gets you close. Vary the wire speed while you are welding to see what it does. If none of the wire speed settings work, change to a different voltage and try the wire speed settings again.

Comment

There are several weld settings calculators available online. They’ll all be generally the same. Miller actually has a good phone app for weld settings. It won’t tell you numbers and letters like the inside of the door on smaller machines will, it’ll be in voltage and wire feed speed. So if you haven’t calculated your machine’s WFS and recorded that data it won’t be much help anyway. It’s a good idea to spend some time and rest your machine’s WFS around the dial, then write them inside the door.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
          ...So if you haven’t calculated your machine’s WFS and recorded that data it won’t be much help anyway. It’s a good idea to spend some time and rest your machine’s WFS around the dial, then write them inside the door.
          Does the MM211 have different wire speed ranges for the dial, based on where the voltage dial is set?

Comment

Ryan's suggestion to calibrate the WFS is a good one. The 211 has speed selection numbers on a dial - zero to 100. It does not provide actual feed speeds in inches/min. Calibrating and noting the feed speeds would be time well spent for sure, then the speed could be set per specifications for the situation and only voltage would have to be dialed in. Again, just something to help get in the ball park when a new situation.
            Thank you all for your thoughtful replies.

Comment

Back to square one.
              My 211 has "jog mode" that speeds the feed up in a couple of seconds if there is no arc. That is great for quickly feeding new wire out to the gun. Can't get a representative wire feed unless I can defeat it though.

Comment

Figures.

Comment

Working...
                X