Introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hi all. Me and my trusty MM35 "white face" welder just trying to make our way along. I need to keep learning and the MM35 just keeps humming along. I bought it new in the late '70s and have used the heck out of it since. Just hobby and weekend warrior stuff, but it has served me well. It really is the best tool I ever bought.

I replaced the cable and gun with a Tweco No. 2 years ago when they sold an adapter for it. I also added an electric gas solenoid at that time. I did want to ask if anyone knows of a source for replacement wire rollers?

Steve

Post a picture of the drive rolls please. I have a bunch of older miller and hobart drive rolls. I may be able to hook you up for shipping only
    Dynasty 400 Wireless
    Coolmate 3.5
    Aerowave loaded with Sequencer and pulse
    ​Watermate 1A
    XMT350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Optima Pulse Pendant
    WC24
    30A spoolgun
    Neverlast 100 amp plasma with Hyper Duramax torch
    Avortec 280 mig
    GO CNC Poweredge CC/CV pulse and double pulse
    Harris Old school 2 stage Oxy/Ace
    Victor flow meters
    Flametech Duel flowmeter
    Just a hilljack in the woods with fancy welding equipment
    and a pet Raccoon.

Comment

Welcome to Millerwelds FootSoldier!! What's your real name?
      Last edited by Amofred9; 02-27-2021, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Welcome, FootSoldier. We like old machines around here and like to keep them going! Share some adventures you've had with it! Pics are gravy!

Welcome, Amofred9. Your first post is just to ask someone else their real name? May I recommend you start an intro thread, and we get to know you instead?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the roller parts you need for it!
          A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
          LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
          Lincoln Weldpak 100
          Gianttech Arc 200
          Victor O/A

Comment

Definitely post a puc of the rollers. I thought they were the same as the MM200, which is the same as the rest of the larger Miller stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sledsports View Post
              Post a picture of the drive rolls please. I have a bunch of older miller and hobart drive rolls. I may be able to hook you up for shipping only
              I think the rollers are probably fine. After doing some tune-up work on her, everything seems to be working fine. I did replace the main contactor, as the old one was severely pitted and had almost no contact surface left. Miller hooked me up with a 60a rated contactor that fit right into the old footprint.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1864.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	669.4 KB
ID:	613913 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1865.JPG
Size:	743.9 KB
ID:	613912
              Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1863.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	854.1 KB
ID:	613919 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1862.JPG
Size:	666.4 KB
ID:	613921 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1861.JPG
Views:	73
Size:	545.4 KB
ID:	613918
                Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
                Welcome, FootSoldier. We like old machines around here and like to keep them going! Share some adventures you've had with it! Pics are gravy!
                I bought my Millermatic on 3/22/79 for $857 at Phoenix Welding Supply, still have the receipt. HK224422, LOL! This old, but solid machine has built 3 off-road race cars, 4-5 car hauling trailers, hundreds general welding projects too numerous for an old man to remember. She has always run dependably and allowed me to do stuff I never would have dreamed of 42 yrs ago. All that, and she still don't look bad either!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X