No announcement yet.

Rehab of a very tired Millermatic 200..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was able to get some fresh cable to replace my not very good condition cable that is used to select high or low power on the front of the machine.. I went to a local welding shop and they claimed to not have any..??? So I went down the street to Napa and got it there.. it wasn’t 4 gauge but 1... kinda spendy at $10/ft but I only needed a few feet..

I’ll keep looking for a place to get the ground clamp wire .. if that’s #4... it’ll be a bit smaller than the #1 I just bought. Anyway, I’ll have to get a few more bits here and there before I can start on it again. Thanks all!

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELENE-4-...cAAOSw-0xYbWM8

Less than $2 a foot; free shipping. I've bought some of this for my Lincoln Idealarc--nice stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELENE-4-...cAAOSw-0xYbWM8

Less than $2 a foot; free shipping. I've bought some of this for my Lincoln Idealarc--nice stuff.
        I've bought from them multiple times....very good quality stuff. I made a set of heavy jumper cables and leads for my engine drive with their cable....flexible, made in the U.S. and smells nice.

Comment

I just ordered 15’ in black for the ground strap.. thanks!

Comment

Ok.. I need the black receptacle that the negative cable plugs into. I appears that the original part isn’t available anymore.. part #039-826 .. anyone know of an alternate equivalent..?

Comment

Originally posted by Ps91-rick View Post
              Ok.. I need the black receptacle that the negative cable plugs into. I appears that the original part isn’t available anymore.. part #039-826 .. anyone know of an alternate equivalent..?
              When I get part numbers like that I usually run them on Millerserviceparts.com or Miller4less.com to see what I find and they usually list when a part has been updated. The new part is:

https://www.millerserviceparts.com/P...?productId=971

Here's the old part with the new reference:

https://www.millerserviceparts.com/P...?productId=976

Comment

Got it! Thanks!! I did search on miller4less but got no items found.. and did run across the site you mentioned but wasn’t sure if what came up was the new replacement or not as I was on my phone and it wasn’t obvious.

my last question for today..,the spool wire guide inlet.. it’s shown on my parts diagram but has no part number listed. This is the brass piece with the pointed end that feeds the wire into the drive rollers.. mines seen better days and if it’s a replaceable part, I was thinking of changing it out since I’m ordering a few parts anyway..

thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ps91-rick View Post
                  my last question for today..,the spool wire guide inlet.. it’s shown on my parts diagram but has no part number listed. This is the brass piece with the pointed end that feeds the wire into the drive rollers.. mines seen better days and if it’s a replaceable part, I was thinking of changing it out since I’m ordering a few parts anyway..

thoughts?
                  I'm not sure why, but Miller only lists that part number in the chart for drive roll sizes and part numbers rather than in the parts manual breakdown (at least on all I can recall). It's part 056-192 and should only run about $15.

Comment

Awesome.. I was able to find that on the parts site and will order it.. Thanks for helping with that!!

Comment

Working...
                    X