Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wire feed problems for hobart 175 welder

Andy ,
    I have a hobart 175 handler welder about 4 years old . It wont feed . It will feed with out any load no wire , no tension roller . It will only feed threw the lead on wide open , wire speed maxed. If you turn the speed down it stops.
    I have put a volt meter on the wires to the feed motor . When it stops it has no voltage . Can anyone help me with this problem ? Also it has a new liner in it .
    Thank You !

Sounds like a dead spot on the wire speed pot. The center wire on the pot is the command voltage and you can check this by putting a DC volt meter on the center wire and one of the outside wires and turn the pot slowly from end to end and see of the voltage out of the center wire is lost. Sould be an easy repair after that.

A-

Comment

sorry not sure

Thank you for your reply . Not sure what the feed pot is or at ? It has a rotory swith with only 2 wires comeing out of it for the wire speed . I got a new drive motor for it but that did not fix the problem . I can run it threw the lead held strait out and it acts like it slowly loses power and doesn't feed any longer . Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thank you !

Comment

Welderman;

Please provide me with a serial number located on the back of the welder. You can email me at the below email address.

Steve
        [email protected]

Comment

wire feed

Originally posted by welderman1969 View Post
          Andy ,
          I have a hobart 175 handler welder about 4 years old . It wont feed . It will feed with out any load no wire , no tension roller . It will only feed threw the lead on wide open , wire speed maxed. If you turn the speed down it stops.
          I have put a volt meter on the wires to the feed motor . When it stops it has no voltage . Can anyone help me with this problem ? Also it has a new liner in it .
          Thank You !
          i have same prob had it checked out seems the 175 has a problem with i was told its the pc board cant find one on millers sight

Comment

Frak, you dragged up an old post. Go to :www.miller4less.com

Comment

Working...
            X