Miller CP-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller CP-200

Hi all new on this page, so posting my first problem, we have a CP - 200 Ser.# 72- 642248 . Problem will start fan is working wire is feeding but no spark, started by scipping but now nothing ? I know its old but so am I.

Need more information. Was it working yesterday and now it's not working, or is this newly acquired and you don't know its history?

Is it plugged into 3-phase power of the correct voltage? Mine was a 208V version.

Comment

I would start with checking the contacts in the main contactor

Comment

Does your CP-200 have the analog voltmeter on the front panel? Is it showing the right voltage?

Comment

Good morning , to answer we have 3 phase power, it was working but had slight problems and then quit totaly, have had this unit since 79 changed guns cleand but allways worked, I will check the contacts. Thanks.

Comment

I have fixed some with bad connection issues in a few spots. If you're showing voltage on the output (either on the meter or measure voltage across the lugs), then it could be from either the primary brushes are stuck or dirty (left side if you're looking at the panel, three sets brush against the primary could), it could be in the wiring to/from the transformer (shine a light to the back side of your 208/230/460 voltage tap panel), or it could be on the connections to/from your rectifier (big diodes screwed into the aluminum plates that form around your fan, if that makes sense).

If you're not getting any voltage and your contacts are good (and the contactor engages when you hit the trigger), it could be either a broken connection above. I think bad rectifiers is less likely your problem, so it's worth cleaning out the machine and checking the things above first.

Comment

Thank you going out to check.

Comment

A big thank you for the help, up and running, problem was in the main switch one wire loose, so dropped a leg and a good clean up it needed a bit of love. So thank you all.

Comment

Thank you for the update. It did sound like not getting all 3 phases!

Comment

Working...
                  X