Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xmt 304 serial mc420473u welds fine for a while then quits. hooked to s-62 feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushytails
    replied
    Check for overheating or arcing on the back side of the dinse/tweco output connectors, or anything being loose at all. If there are any signs of issues there, remove the bus bars and wires, wire brush everything back shiny, and put it all back together tight. While it should give an error code if it's overheating, make sure your fan runs when the unit is hot, and giving the tunnel and boards a good blowing-out with compressed air is always a good idea. You might also try setting it to an always-hot mode (i.e. stick) to check for any bad connections at the 14-pin connector or failing transzorbs.

Leave a comment:

• xmt 304 serial mc420473u welds fine for a while then quits. hooked to s-62 feeder

Happy New Year ALL! I have an xmt 304 hooked to an S-62 feeder. It will weld fine for an hour or more. then the wire will feed but no spark. No trouble indication on the LED display. I tried hooking the spoolgun with the wc-24 and the same issue. so i think the problem is in the xmt. Next day the welder is back to normal for an hour. then it stops working again. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.
Working...
X