Looking to buy a service manual...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy a service manual...

Having problem on a 225 bobcat serial # MF400514R and need some test procedures for no power just starts and runs. no 220/110 or welding. Has a kohler motor if that matters. Any help on testing procedures would help also.

From the home page go to the resources tab and download your machines manual on this site for starters. The most you are likely to get out of the manual is how to check the brushes. I have had a brush holder hang up, anda wire down to one of the brushes had a bad connection at a wire connector. The have a multi meter handy and call Miller tech support. They will talk you through most diagnosis.

Comment

How are the inline fuses ?

Comment

Fuses are good and everything seems to be good. has 1200 hours.

Comment

Did you check 120 volts going into the fuse holder?
          only thing I can tell you you is keep going backwards checking for 120 volts until some of the smart guys get in. I’ve had fuses check good but fuse holder or harness further back was bad.

Comment

Welcome--hope we can help. Need a little background--is this machine new to you? Have you ever seen it work? Was it working and just quit?

First thing to check is the brushes, as walker already noted. Check to be sure they aren't worn down and that they move freely in their holders. Spring tension holding them snugly against the slip rings. Wires solidly connected and not corroded. Assume you have the owner's manual? If not, you can get it following the directions walker gave. Next, being careful not to get yourself zapped, measure the DC voltage between the two brushes with the engine at weld speed.

Comment

We bought the machine new. I have the manual and the technical manual. I'm kinda lost on which way to go . We use them in sand, mud, water, and everything in between. Its always worked great and took it out of the field because they said 110 wasnt working. After some testing found out nothing was working except engine runs and idles great.

Comment

Have you checked the brushes?

Comment

yes found a bad one.

Comment

Hope that fixes it. Very good chance that will be it.

Comment

Working...
                    X