Prince XL Spool Gun Connections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince XL Spool Gun Connections

Hello looking for some assistance. Would anyone have a schematic or diy instructions needed to adapt a Prince XL Spool Gun to a Miller 304 XMT? If not who might I contact to try & get some help with the connectors required. Thanks for your assistance.

The Prince XL spoolgun needs a separate weld controller just like the Spoolmatic do. If you already have a Miller WC-24 or WC-115, you can make a short pigtail adapter to go from the 7-pin adapter on the Prince to the 8-pin socket on those controllers. Otherwise, you can get the MK Products WC-110 and add a 14-pin plug for the XMT, or get the MK torpedo (PA-M1) for a direct fit to your XMT. Here is a link to the manual I always use to reference remote control options for pretty much all welders:

https://www.mkproducts.com/support/M...ectorguide.pdf

Comment

Sir
      Thank you for your assistance. I was hoping to get away with a pigtail adapter but alas it is not to be : ( Funds do not come along so easily nowa days since hurricane Hanna blew down the shop I worked at. I will research which alternative would be the best value, maybe I can find something used. I appreciate your time.

Rod

Comment

Not a problem Rod. I think I have a MK WC-110 controller somewhere I already have hooked up for a XMT. If I get a chance to look for it, I'll shoot you a PM.

Comment

Thx John, I will await your pm

Comment

Rod, message sent. Let me know if it isn't going through.
            Jon

Comment

Jon

My sincere apologies, I did not receive the messages & got distracted with life, getting old. I was able to acquire a used WC-115 on payments which are with in my budget. The spool gun is working great. I appreciate you taking the time to assist me with my issue, thank you.

Rod

Comment

Great to hear Rod!

Comment

Working...
                X