How to Setup Pulse on MM255

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tackit View Post

I once had rust on the wire problem that I couldn't see, finally, I wiped the wire with a clean paper rag and the rust showed up, I threw away a good part of the wire, from then on I've never allowed my wire to over winter in the machines.
    Yes, I've seen that too, and thrown it away. The Radnor wire was a new roll bought in the middle of a project.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeronca41 View Post

Yes, I've seen that too, and thrown it away. The Radnor wire was a new roll bought in the middle of a project.
      My Miller machines are pretty solid machines, the 2007 MM180 runs Lincoln Innersheild ,030 211 flux core, and the 172 Challenger is loaded with Lincoln's L56 026-024? The New wire from Weld City could be Lincoln wire.

Comment

Originally posted by G-ManBart View Post

What wire were you using previously? There are a couple less expensive wires I've read about that suddenly folks are reporting as being problematic for normal short-circuit MIG. I definitely recall folks complaining about the newer wire from Harbor Freight (the old stuff made in Italy was good).

Edit to add: thanks for following up! So often people find a solution and don't circle back to let us know.
        It is VIKING .035" ER70 S-6. Made in Vietnam. Just over $2.00/Lb. We've run almost #100 of it in pulse with all the above problems. The monumental difference with the L-56 left my head spinning.

I spent a good amount of time badmouthing the MM255 here. I felt I owed an apology to Miller. It really IS a solid machine.

Jeff
        Last edited by JCFab; 07-19-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X