Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeronca41
    replied
    So, time again to start the old spark-fuel-compression troubleshooting path.

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    I put a new coil on today and new spark plugs in the old coil was threaded where the plug wires attached the new one is not. I stuck the ends on the coil and did get it to fire up and run for about a minute then died now wont start

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    I’m not sure on the welder. Just go to smokstak Onan or the welding forum.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Go to smokstak Onan engines those guys know those engines well. And your service manual should be here not sure about the engine and welder

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    Thanks everyone

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    If you look up spark plugs for an Onan CCKA, Champion says use H8C. There are 58 different replacements for the H8C plug according to this cross-ref page.

https://www.sparkplug-crossreference.com/convert/CHAMP_PN/H8C

I have no experience with that particular engine as to what are the best plugs for it, but the Autolite 216 is one of the listed cross refs.

I doubt your photo is a governor--looks more like an idle or stop solenoid. Yes, it should have wires to it. Someone may have haywired the carb linkage to stay in run mode all the time and not drop to low idle, in which case the solenoid isn't needed if that is truly what it is...I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    Also if i am not mistaken is this the govenor and shouldnt there be wires attached to it

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    It had 216 plugs in it are those correct?

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
    I did that on an old compressor but I used marvel mystery. I do have some kroil in my gun cleaning box. Another excellent product, while we’re on the product recommendations, is ballistol. I’ve been using it for years. Saved literally hundreds of guns after the big floods here with it. Broke the guns down, soaked them in bags until I could get to them. I was very pleased with the results. It’s getting easier to find too.
    I had a vague remembrance of hearing about Ballistol before--looked it up today, and ordered both the aerosol and the liquid. Looks like great stuff. Thanks for the steer!

Leave a comment:

• smawgmaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Doubletake View Post
    Used a product called seafoam deep creep and the engine is now loose
    Good deal!

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    What spark plugs and coil are you all running om these?

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Woohoo!

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• Doubletake
    replied
    Used a product called seafoam deep creep and the engine is now loose

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    I did that on an old compressor but I used marvel mystery. I do have some kroil in my gun cleaning box. Another excellent product, while we’re on the product recommendations, is ballistol. I’ve been using it for years. Saved literally hundreds of guns after the big floods here with it. Broke the guns down, soaked them in bags until I could get to them. I was very pleased with the results. It’s getting easier to find too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X