Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Ha! I sent those pictures up the chain of command. It took me doing that twice before someone paid attention and they finally made overhead door come out and redo them. The next welder that showed up was pretty embarrassed by what he had to grind out. He made no excuse either, just couldn’t believe someone would that junk. I told him they didn’t just leave it, they painted it!!

I don’t think wearing a hard hat would help if those doors fell on you though.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    Do you wear a hard hat when you stand under those doors Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• Electric4Life
    replied
    Looks like volunteer welding to me Ryan

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    This was the quality of work on the bi-folding apparatus bay doors at my new fire house before it opened a couple years ago. For perspective, those doors are steel and glass, are about 20’ tall and 12’ wide. They weight a few thousand pounds and cost $30k for each set. And apparently didn’t see the value in paying someone to weld it that wasn’t blind.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Maybe the guy welding was in a terrible sneezing fit and under the gun from his boss to get it down so he just powered through.

Leave a comment:

• stickermigtigger
    replied
    Thanks Oldgrandad!

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    I remember somewhere we had an awful-welds-found-in-the-wild thread... maybe it's time to revive it?

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    That pic was taken at the Wahweap Overlook by Lake Powel. Just incase you want to go see some great workmanship.

Leave a comment:

• Oldgrandad
    replied
    How about these welds. Nice huh. Good looking shade cover by the lake view point. Some real quality work there. Should last for decades.

Leave a comment:

• MAC702
    replied
    Originally posted by snoeproe View Post
    Defiantly a 6011 downhill weld.
    Freudian slip? That was hilarious!

Leave a comment:

• snoeproe
    replied
    Defiantly a 6011 downhill weld.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
    There's an issue with your question... from what I've seen on trailers, not much counts as odd anymore!
    And that's the truth! I saw a trailer a few months ago (not homemade) were they didn't bother to chip the slag off of the welds before painting it. (have to say I was surprised to see slag on the welds in the first place). Some places the slag was still intact, and some places it had fallen off and rust was already starting. And that's just the cosmetics.

Leave a comment:

• stickermigtigger
    replied
    Bushy, you sound so cynical.

Leave a comment:

• Bushytails
    replied
    There's an issue with your question... from what I've seen on trailers, not much counts as odd anymore!

Leave a comment:

• shortarc
    replied
    Looks like 7018 downhill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X