Which pedal do I need ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which pedal do I need ?

Guys, looking to buy a new pedal for my syncrowave 200 but my manual has 5 different options..which one do I need, or would all 5 actually work? On the front of my machine it says "Remote 14" and it has 5 pins...thanks for any help.
    Attached Files
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

You just fixed it and you already re-broke it?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      You just fixed it and you already re-broke it?
      Lol...just wanting a new one on hand in case this one let's me down at the most inopportune time, like things always tend to do.
      Syncrowave® 200
      Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
      Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Comment

Any of the 14-pin foot controls will work with your machine. You could also opt for a 14-pin hand control that mounts on your torch, if you tend to do welding where a foot pedal is inconvenient.

Comment

While you're shopping take a look at SCC Controls
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

Agree on SCC controls. I like their products and they have great service.

Comment

I've only seen SSC...
              https://www.ssccontrols.com/product/...ontrol-pedals/ would be the one for a 14-pin miller, like a syncro.

If we're going to recommend specific brands, I love my TigButton. https://www.6061.com/tigbutton.htm

Comment

That’s what I meant. SSC Controls. I needed some foot pedal wire to make a repair one time, a quick phone and I had it in my hands a day and half later.

Made in America products too. Getting harder to find.

Comment

I've bought a number of pedals from SSC controls, and they've all been excellent. They actually frequently sell "cosmetic seconds" or something similar on eBay for less than you can buy them directly through their website. I've bought two of those so far and simply can't find a single flaw anywhere...for something that's going on the floor, get stepped on and kicked around I figured it was worth the chance and I'm glad I bought them.

Comment

They were going to be my choice before I decided to go with a hand control. I might still get one of their pedals if I ever decide I don't want to use the hand control.

Comment

I have two of their foot pedals, one for my HTP and one for my maxstar. If I ever have to replace the one for my syncrowave it will be from them.

Comment

Not sure if they are still available for ~$100, but the 14-pin Nova pedals work pretty well. They are very similar to the SSC pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
                          They were going to be my choice before I decided to go with a hand control. I might still get one of their pedals if I ever decide I don't want to use the hand control.
                          Just out of curiosity, which hand amptrol did you go with? I bought a Miller hand amptrol for my Sync 250 a few years back (I think the one I got had the wheel run north-south rather than east-west) and still found it tough to operate without moving the torch all over the place.

Somewhere I saw a hand amptrol (maybe homemade) that used a spring-loaded lever that you ran with your thumb for controlling current, and that looked pretty slick.

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post

Just out of curiosity, which hand amptrol did you go with? I bought a Miller hand amptrol for my Sync 250 a few years back (I think the one I got had the wheel run north-south rather than east-west) and still found it tough to operate without moving the torch all over the place.

Somewhere I saw a hand amptrol (maybe homemade) that used a spring-loaded lever that you ran with your thumb for controlling current, and that looked pretty slick.
                            I'm not an expert, but so far I've tried a CK amptrol with the north-south thumb slider, a Miller with a small east-west wheel and one I can't recall the brand that had an oval track with a wheel on each end and a rubber band that you could move with different fingers. I found the small east-west wheel the best, but still have to really think about what I'm doing when I use it (which is rare).

The new TIG Button looks like a winner and if I was doing a lot of oddball out of position work I think I'd order one immediately...not cheap, but not too bad.
                            https://www.6061.com/tigbutton.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Helios View Post
                              Just out of curiosity, which hand amptrol did you go with?
                              I got a TigButton. You don't move anything. It's purely pressure that controls the amperage, so you don't have to move your fingers around trying to turn or slide a control, jostling the torch. I did a quick setup/review on it here: https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...ts-of-pictures

Comment

Working...
                              X