211 FCAW-G Not in Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 211 FCAW-G Not in Specs

I have a first generation 211 AutoSet. The specs list FCAW as an option but it doesn’t list FCAW-G.

The door chart ‘implies’ gasless only but not as fact.

I don’t see a reason why it wouldn’t do -G but wish to know before buying some -G wire for it.

Anyone know for sure?
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

You'll be at the top end of the machine for FCAW-G if you get it running well, .035 might work. It usually calls for a bit more voltage than short arc, which might make the total power (amps and volts affect power) required out of reach for that machine.

Comment

Used Machine? no manual?............I have an early transformer model and a later inverter model also but I can't find the manuals........the size of the wire being used is critical to the drive roller and in some cases they can be flipped for larger wire on gas.......and could also be critical to the wire core in the gun.....I just looked out there and it seems that Miller shipped two drive rollers when I bought the early 211? but I may be confusing that with my LN-20 suitcase....take your serial # and download the correct manual and enlighten us..

Comment

I have the manual. It has the same chart that’s in the machine. No other info provided.
        =======================
        Miller 211 AutoSet
        Miller Dynasty 200 DX

Francisco Goya

Comment

Thanks jjohn76. I didn’t think about voltage requirements.

That sounds reasonable. I’ll just write off the 211 for that duty and leave -G for the 255.
          =======================
          Miller 211 AutoSet
          Miller Dynasty 200 DX

Francisco Goya

Comment

Working...
          X