Spoolmatic 3 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolmatic 3 question

I have a Miller Spoolmatic 3 spool gun that I have owned since new that I use with my Trailblazer 250. This weekend I was using it at a repair job and I did a couple welds with it and had no problem, I set it down, picked it back up to use and I noticed when I pulled the trigger, the wire speed looked slow. So I hit the tigger a couple more times and even turned the wired speed up and down and it just stopped feeding completely. I opened it up looking for any obvious loose connections but didn't see anything.

Anyone familiar with these that might know any common problems or the best way to figure out what is going on so I can fix it?

Thanks in Advance,
    Joe

Check the voltage at the feed motor. If it's zero or only a couple volts, look for problems in the rheostats, relays, or connections. If it's over 6V, time to clean the brushes.

Comment

Thanks, that gives me a starting point, I will check it out later tonight.
      Appreciate the help.

Joe

Comment

My bad, I forgot that the spoolmatic 3 was the one that switched to a circuit board instead of relays. Same thing, though - if there's voltage at the motor, check the motor, if there's not, check the pcb, adjustment pot, power to the unit, etc. I haven't worked on the 3, only the 1 and 2. Also, while you probably already checked this, make sure that the motor is indeed not turning, and you don't have the wire welded to the contact tip or such and the drive roller is slipping.

Comment

Working...
        X