No announcement yet.

Getting the band back together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know if miller does anything fancy like that, or they just absorb any transients. There's a whole snubber section mounted to the polarity igbts on the dynasty I worked on. I wish I could get schematics for things I fix...

Comment

You can find the Dynasty DX technical manual online, which has a schematic of the IGBT inverter snubber. Instead of an RCD, it has a pretty complex circuit that feeds the energy back into the input buss capacitors. The Dynasty 200 had an interesting snubber - with an inductor in it too. Somehow, I ended up with a WSE200 schematic, which shows its snubber - basically an RCD, plus it has an active clamp, which is an IGBT with a beefy, low resistance resistor and an IGBT. The IGBT is triggered by a 130V TVS, so it clamps at about 135V. If you look in a Thermal Arc 300 Pro Wave manual, you can see the components, which shows an active filter.

This guy made his own output inverter. I have bought the parts from eBay for the right price over a long time, just need to finally get around to it..

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Home...o-AC-Inverter/

Comment

I’ve never measured a dynasty DX transient response either.

Comment

I recently got a load bank... I might need to do some tests to settle this, even though I wasn't planning on actually making any independent en/ep control boxes!

Comment

One reason I’ve never tested for a transient response is because I don’t know what that is.

Comment

One such test to get a transient response is with a bologna sandwich

Comment

I like bologna.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I like bologna.
                  Just try to not be full of it...
                  Richard
                  West coast of Florida

Comment

Ryan, it's when you hit the gas at the tree with no trans brake...

Comment

Vrooom!!

Comment

Working...
                      X