Bobcat 225 spec h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 225 spec h

Subaru engine LKO21476h Not getting fuel to the carb. Looks like the fuel pump is working and after cranking there’s gasoline running from a small black tube under the carb. Thanks
    poured a little gas down the carb and it started running. I’m going to put it back together and try to run it.
    Last edited by Kpack; 11-01-2020, 03:13 PM.

Fuel shut off solenoid behind the carburetor. Machine sat up for awhile? Remove the 2 screws and see if it is rusted or plugged.

Comment

Fuel solenoid looked good and it is pulling in when 12 v is applied. also pulled the screw with the needle end with the spring is that the main jet ? It’s right by the solenoid
      Last edited by Kpack; 11-02-2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

[ATTACH=JSON]n611629[/ATTACH] k
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	546CB49C-BE0A-486B-A585-CD6F4D2F3D14.png Views:	1 Size:	1.19 MB ID:	611631Moo

Comment

The one that goes right by the solenoid had a needle it’s a little different on the carb in the picture. First time I’ve looked at this carb I may have to pull it . Didn’t sit very long I try try to run it pretty often. It’s always been cold natured to start just more so now. Weather was pretty warm yesterday.

Comment

Fuel pump might not be working as well as you think if it was cold natured. Might be a pin hole in the diaphragm allowing fuel to drain out of the pump over night. If the needle and float aren't suck get some flammable brake cleaner and squirt in into the carb as you're cranking on it. If it picks up and runs after a few shots it might be the pump, dirty filter or restricted pick up tube.

Comment

Check the oil level or the oil pressure sensor.........low oil, bad sensor will not run or will start and then shut off..

Comment

The needle screw beside the solenoid must be a drain when I open it a little bit that’s when gas runs out the bottom tube. Pulled that screw and the solenoid and blew some light air in it to clean it out. It’s running ok but I probably need to pull the carb. Thanks everybody

Comment

Well I believe I had some water in the fuel tank. I cleaned the carb and welder ran fine for a few minutes under a full load then started sputtering. I shut it down and started thinking what it could be .
                    I took the fuel line loose from the fuel pump and hooked another fuel pump up and pulled about a gallon of gas from the gas tank and put some heet treatment in for water in gas. Put everything back together and it’s running fine.
                    When this all started I had left the welder outside for awhile. I don’t see how water could have gotten in the gas tank.

Comment

Small motor like that will certainly be sensitive to water in the fuel. I had similar trouble with the generator in my RV. It uses the same fuel as the chassis engine, but that’s fuel injected and 10 times the size. I installed a simple fuel/water separator and never had another bit of trouble again.

Comment

Working...
                      X