Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC Stuck on spool gun mode?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Multimatic 220 AC/DC Stuck on spool gun mode?

Trying to finish a project for a customer tonight, and my Multimatic 220 AC/DC wont feed wire. It says spool gun in the display next to the temp reading, but I am just using the conventional mig gun. I have not used my spool gun in months. Is it not auto detect? I don't recall ever having to change any settings. I cant find anything in the manual and am running out of time. The regular gun is attached, and was used yesterday with no issues. Is the welder messing up, or am I doing something wrong?

Does that manual give you a way to restore the factory defaults to the machine?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
      Does that manual give you a way to restore the factory defaults to the machine?
      Just saw your post! I looked through the manual, and did find a factory reset section! I have some errands to run, but will try it as soon as I get back! Thanks for the idea, didn't even think of that!

Comment

I just did the factory reset, and that did nothing. It just seems to think it permanently has a spool gun attached... This is very frustrating.

Comment

Man that sucks. I was really hoping a restart, like what fixes 90% of confused computer problems these days, would handle that. Can you disable that feature in the settings? Just remove that option? I’m just shooting off ideas here.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            Man that sucks. I was really hoping a restart, like what fixes 90% of confused computer problems these days, would handle that. Can you disable that feature in the settings? Just remove that option? I’m just shooting off ideas here.
            Not that I could see. I had pretty high hopes for that as well! Luckily the dealer (Central Welding) that I got it from is only about 15 minutes from my house, so I'm going to head there tomorrow.

Comment

What happens if you attach the spoolgun? And then when you take it back off?

Can you finish the job with the spoolgun?

I'm glad my dumb transformer machines will outlive me. I'd hate to have to rely on these computerized units.

Comment

I’m with Mac on that.

Comment

I'm glad my dumb transformer machines will outlive me. I'd hate to have to rely on these computerized units.
                  It seems more like a problem with Miller quality control than a problem with computerized or not.

Comment

Working...
                  X