Looking for a welding Helmet Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a welding Helmet Suggestion

Hello Everyone I was hoping if you guys can recommend me something from Miller that should last longer and have cool autodarkening features too.
    I do auto restoration work most of the time.
    Thanks

I recently bought a new Miller Digital Infinity. Have been using it daily for a few months now, it seems lije a very nice helmet.

Comment

I have a pre clear light DI and find it to be somewhat front heavy, also have a new Digital Elite. I really like the X mode (I do TIG work) but the headgear is not the best JMO
      Richard
      West coast of Florida

Comment

I know you mentioned a Miller helmet in your post, and you can't go wrong with a miller item ; but I would encourage you to explore Optrel , they are Swiss made and the helmets/hoods is their business. If you can justify the price and want state of the art design And function , you can't go wrong! I believe they are about to introduce a brand new design , however the Crystal 2.0 is popular - world wide!

Comment

Originally posted by stefdds View Post
          I know you mentioned a Miller helmet in your post, and you can't go wrong with a miller item ; but I would encourage you to explore Optrel , they are Swiss made and the helmets/hoods is their business. If you can justify the price and want state of the art design And function , you can't go wrong! I believe they are about to introduce a brand new design , however the Crystal 2.0 is popular - world wide!
          I do have the e684, nice hood except it doesn't accept standard cheater out of the box
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

HI Richard, I know what you mean! I have a 2.5 in my Crystal and I had to 'tack" it in place with some two sided tape. BTW, Optrel is coming out with some new headgear that is adjustable in all three dimensions. Its due out this month. IsoFit , looks very promising! Stefan , Wisconsin
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnHTEqgELM

https://bakersgas.com/products/optrel-isofit
            Last edited by stefdds; 10-16-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Hadn’t heard of Optrel before and have been thinking of getting a new one. I replaced the headgear in my ten year old Elite and it’s horrible; comes off every time I try to flip it up.

Not sure I’m willing to pay $450 for a Crystal without a real world try before you buy option.
              =======================
              Miller 211 AutoSet
              Miller Dynasty 200 DX
              Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
              Francisco Goya

Comment

HI Richard, I know what you mean! I have a 2.5 in my Crystal and I had to 'tack" it in place with some two sided tape. BTW, Optrel is coming out with some new headgear that is adjustable in all three dimensions. Its due out this month. IsoFit , looks very promising! Stefan , Wisconsin
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnHTEqgELM
                Hey Stefan

I did get an email about the new headgear, looks interesting...
                They're also coming out with a new Panoramaxx series, 3 hoods LINK although the video is more of a commercial then specs
                Richard
                West coast of Florida

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post

Hey Stefan

I did get an email about the new headgear, looks interesting...
                  They're also coming out with a new Panoramaxx series, 3 hoods LINK although the video is more of a commercial then specs
                  I see what you mean Richard, I viewed your link and it appears that the Panaramaxx shown have the new headgear (isofit) and some different graphics; I tried to infer a message from the three examples, but I didn't quite get it either. (??) I guess, we will see if there is anything new with the electronics (or other) when they are available.

Comment

I see what you mean Richard, I viewed your link and it appears that the Panaramaxx shown have the new headgear (isofit) and some different graphics; I tried to infer a message from the three examples, but I didn't quite get it either. (??) I guess, we will see if there is anything new with the electronics (or other) when they are available.
                    Glad I'm not the only one that didn't quite get much from the video, just give me the specs, not some meaningless commercial
                    Just imagine, someone at Optrel reviewed that video and said, great, we'll buy that and post it!
                    Richard
                    West coast of Florida

Comment

I wanted to mention that the new Optrel headgear is now available:
                      Last edited by stefdds; 10-16-2020, 08:05 AM. Reason: https://bakersgas.com/products/optrel-isofit

Comment

Optrel USA CEO reached out to me and asked me to evaluate their new isofit headgear. Should get here next week. I will do a full review + video if I can manage the time from my work schedule.
                        HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
                        HTP Pro Pulse 300 MIG
                        HTP Pro Pulse 200 MIG x2
                        HTP Pro Pulse 220 MTS
                        HTP Inverarc 200 TLP water cooled
                        HTP Microcut 875SC

Comment

Oscar. Would you happen to have that CEO's email? I have a welding safety product I'm in the process of getting a provisional patent submitted and would like to make as many connections I can to introduce the product. If I'm correct I believe Optrel was the first to patent the autodarkening welding lense, I am also of the understanding that Optrel was bought by 3M a few years back as well. I have a contact at 3M already but more the better. DM if you have something more. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                          X