Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Dynasty 210 DX owner (2020 SN - NA prefix)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dynasty 210 DX owner (2020 SN - NA prefix)

Greetings , I've been contemplating the purchase of the Miller Dynasty 210DX for a couple of years now. I watch You-Tube regularly and was really concerned and surprised that the 2016,17, or 18's were having some failure problems (welding junkie , Darlington farm, others) . Besides , I was more than happy with my Everlast powert tig 210EXT ($1450.00 when purchased (5/2019). I really got into and enjoy tig welding so I thought I would consider another machine.
    On Sunday , 9/20 , the EL 210 ext machine went down , no arc in any mode. It is 17 months old and used most weekends for 3-5 hours on coupons ; mostly AC. I also utilize a water cooler.

Hey, I'm not here to be critical of EL, those Miller dynasty owners were smoke-n hot and disappointed as well. ! But when I had to send my machine into the EL service center in TN and face a thirty to forty five day return time..... well I had to make a decision: purchase another EL machine and have it as a back-up or get the Miller Dynasty that I've been considering. Also, being fully aware that Dynasty's are not perfect either. They are currently $4078.00 plus tax on Cyberweld.

For those who are curious, I placed a couple of calls to miller regarding the rash of Dynasty problems and I lucked out. I spoke with a rep at miller who acknowledged the problem and stated that miller purchased some components - per Millers spec - from a vendor and those components were indeed failing. The best I could date the machines from YT were 2016, 17 models.

The Miller machine is on its way! I'll keep you posted how that "introduction" goes ; I'll also let you know what develops with my EL machine also.

I have a 210DX purchased 08/2016, board went bad and replaced under warranty, hope all is well now
    Richard
    West coast of Florida

Comment

Thanks Richard, Stefan (Milwaukee, Wisconsin).

Comment

Comment

The photos are some 1/8 inch ISC's, the one shot with the dip is the 18gauge with .040 W.

Comment

Update: Received the Dynasty 210Dx! Its been about a week now since I received it ; arrived in good condition. I'm glad I was able to be home when it arrived as it arrives in a sized heavy cardboard box with "Miller" logos on it (don't want that just sitting on your door step). It also had a interesting journey. I live in Wisconsin (home of Mller) and Cyberweld has it shipped to them first, then Cyberweld ships it to me. I guess there is a substantial drop ship charge to CW if they direct Miller to send it to me directly. Also, the unit had 1 hr. and 40 min. of run time and 40 arc starts on it - testing before its packaged up I would imagine.

I have been testing (and getting comfortable with the menu and settings) it on some 16 and 18 gauge AL. lap jts , ICs , OSCs and three different W sizes: 3/32 , 1/16, and .040 . It is a very calm arc on AC (adv. sq. wave) , not like DC , but less "noise" than the EL. The miller arc does seem sharper and more defined and very sensitive to pedal input; you can really "read it" as you weld -very responsive and controllable. Very tunable and responsive to the settings. Although the EL will dial down to 18 gauge AL , it just doesn't seem to be as manageable when you use the .040 W . The EL is ok, but just not as sensitive to the finer settings.

Apologize for the double post, had some "edit" problems (?).

Comment

You were welding aluminum with .040 tungsten?
              Richard
              West coast of Florida

Comment

Yep! 18gauge lap joint (pic with the dip in the middle) ; Tungsten held the tip just fine!

Comment

I was intrigued by the tungsten settings (.040) on the machine, so I thought I would try it on some 18ga. AL. (not sure what alloy, but its dead soft) I used .040 5356 and also some 1/16 fill, 5356. Lap joint. In the past, with this alloy and thickness, I was having trouble with the leading edge of the lap joint be sensitive to burning back. The Dynasty was able to be dialed right in and I could get a rhythm going for a inch or two. Crazy small!!

Comment

Crazy small Tungsten (W) !

Comment

Sounds like you're having fun, congrats on the purchase
                      Richard
                      West coast of Florida

Comment

Thanks Richard, I'll keep the thread posted as I make any interesting discoveries! I now see why Miller has its loyal following. Thanks again. Stefan

Comment

Working...
                        X