No announcement yet.

Seeking powcon 300se pcb schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've gathered up my tools, test equipment, and what data I have, and am taking the drive to Washington, PA where this guy lives. Family funeral next week-so will spend an extra day and see what I find inside the kaPOWCON! Thanks for all the info. Will post back with what I find out.

Comment

Sounds good. I have never taken the time to draw out the schematic for the control boards on these. It probably won't be for a while, but looking to do it sometime. The 300SE uses IGBTs, so the control circuit would look more like what you would see in the XMT of Dynasty DX control board schematics.

Comment

Thanks, Jon--good info. I'll print a few out to take along. Just been studying the Powcon diagrams; not a lot to be seen there. Printing out the Spectrum 2050 info now.

Now, if I can just make the potty stops over 350 miles without getting COVID!

Comment

Well, I guess I won't print any out. I was going on the assumption that there might be some board schematics in the very earliest XMT or Dynasty manuals, but I didn't find any. If anyone has a control board schematic for one of these older machines, I would sure like to find a way to get a copy.

Comment

Aero, Red-d-Arc has the service manual for the EX300, which is the same as the XMT 304.

https://www.red-d-arc.com/equipment-resources.aspx

Comment

Fantastic! Thank you, Jon!

Comment

Originally posted by 1997CST View Post
                Miller either copied or purchased the design from Powcon for their early XMT 300.s. They even had the same case design, 2 piece with nuts and bolts holding them together in the middle. I haven't seen or worked on either in about 20 years. I thought all of them had expired by now.
                Still have a working 300SM that was purchased as a demo unit in 1985.

Comment

Working...
                X