Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning inside of welder and hf box, wire feeder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning inside of welder and hf box, wire feeder.

I would like to know what is the best method for cleaning the internals of my newly purchased used equipment?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Brettpearson67 View Post
    I would like to know what is the best method for cleaning the internals of my newly purchased used equipment?
    Thanks
    I use a small paintbrush and my shop vac. You just lightly brush the dust and it gets sucked up by the vacuum. After that a couple of seconds with compressed air and you're set.

Comment

Thanks Gman. I have been told to be careful with the compressed air, as it could possibly cause damage? Do you know if this is the case?

Comment

Ive been blowing my equipment out for over 30 years, it is what the manuals generally tell you to do, and I have never had it cause me a problem.

what did you buy?

Comment

Just use some common sense, like using a pressure washer to wash a car.

Comment

Originally posted by walker View Post
            Ive been blowing my equipment out for over 30 years, it is what the manuals generally tell you to do, and I have never had it cause me a problem.

what did you buy?
            Shopmaster 300 with S-22A Feeder, HF251 HF Box, Coolmate 3 cooler

Comment

Pop the covers off, air hose them out, pop the covers back on. Take a peek and make sure the radiator on the cooler isn’t jam packed full of grinding dust and dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettpearson67 View Post
                Thanks Gman. I have been told to be careful with the compressed air, as it could possibly cause damage? Do you know if this is the case?
                In theory you could probably bend delicate components or flatten cooling fins on the radiator, but you'd have to be pretty close and use really high pressure. I just avoid putting the air nozzle right on top of components and stay back a bit...never had a problem.

I find that using compressed air alone doesn't get as much stuff out as using the shop vac and a paintbrush on a really dirty machine, but if it's reasonably clean compressed air alone should be fine.

Comment

The paint brush method works for me. A quick inspection is always good, particularly look at the connections for the bypass capacitors that connect between the two input lugs on the HF units.

Comment

Working...
                  X