Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 330 A/AB Phase and Voltage???

208/230/460V Single Phase

The first part of that would normally tell me I was looking at a three phase service requirement. The single phase description throws me.

Will this machine run on a 120/240v single phase service entrance???
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

It will run on 240 volt and it is a single phase only unit....

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	1AF353A2-21BE-4B03-A5D5-31B80D1B5AA8.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	610822

Comment

It will work on a 240V panel, but requires a large breaker/sub panel if you plan to get full power out of it.

Comment

Mine is on 240v power and the current 60amp breaker does not like to tig weld heavy aluminum for long. The upgrade plans are for a 100amp service to it very soon.

Comment

When I recently installed my Airco 300 (crosses with the 330 A/BP) I used 240 single phase and a 150A breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by stickermigtigger View Post
              208/230/460V Single Phase

The first part of that would normally tell me I was looking at a three phase service requirement. The single phase description throws me.

Will this machine run on a 120/240v single phase service entrance???
              Just because you will usually find 208V and 460V voltages in three-phase services, doesn't mean all those machines are three-phase machines. You can get single-phase power from any three-phase service that has a neutral conductor. The only ones that wouldn't would be a three-phase service dedicated to a specific machine, usually.

You will use this machine on a 2-pole breaker of your 120/240V single-phase service, and hook the machine up to run on the 230V input setting.

Comment

Working...
              X