XMT 350 cc/cv Generator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMT 350 cc/cv Generator?

Would a XMT 350 Cc/CV Run on a Predator 9000w Generator or would i need to go up to a 12k Watt? Looking to just run something simple, im mainly looking to see if anyone has any information on weather the machine would run on a 9k Watt Generator. Doesn't really bother me if i cant hit max output for the unit as i will probably never use it to its full potential.

And no i have no interest in adding a outlet in the garage. plus i want it to be mobile to be able to bring to other peoples garages and help them from time to time when i get proficient at welding

Please let me know i just bought the unit and im looking to use it in the near future to learn how to use it and such. New to this whole thing lol but gotta start learn somehow.

To you or any others that need to know, I used to run my Dynasty 300 off my Miller Pipe Pro 304 that puts out a continuous 12000 watts, I would only use it to weld 1/4", so I never pushed it to see what maximum would do for fear of hurting either unit.

Comment

I would suggest the 12K. I've tried running my 350 off an 8kW continuous inverter, and its startup surge is enough to make the voltage dip to where the welder shuts off. Obviously a generator might be different, but it still suggests the big one would be a wise option.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushytails View Post
        I would suggest the 12K. I've tried running my 350 off an 8kW continuous inverter, and its startup surge is enough to make the voltage dip to where the welder shuts off. Obviously a generator might be different, but it still suggests the big one would be a wise option.
        alrighty ill keep that in mind ty for the advise. i'll def have to save alot more to get the 12k 1

Comment

Working...
        X