Purchasing NEW Dynastys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchasing NEW Dynastys

Currently looking into procuring new (2) TIG welders for the production department. Water cooled with more amps than required allowing for duty cycle to be 100%.
    I'm a big fan of the Dynastys made thru 2016. I've personally requested and unboxed (6) of these machines for various companies I've worked for between 2012 and 2016.
    Last one recieved was a 350. Is there anyone here that has experience with the 2019/20 Dynastys?
    I liked the older 350/700's. Is there any changes to the hidden menus and functionality. In other words are the AC adjustments the same and are the boards prone to failure.

Thanks for the info in advance

Looking at the 280 DX...
    Does anyone have experience with these units, good or bad.

Comment

I don't
      But I do own a 2016 Dynasty 210DX, that needed a board replaced while still under warranty.

Personal opinion, If buying a dynasty, the top of the line machine I think all models (210 and 280) should come with the ability to adjust the EN EP amperage in AC mode independently. If I want that option I have to pay $642 for a SD card with the software that will allow this.

Fortunately most of my work so far is stainless, if I need to upgrade maybe I'll look harder at the HTP 400. Maybe Miller is only concerned with large corporate clients.
      Richard
      West coast of Florida

Comment

Maybe Miller thought the time Tech support would spend on the phone with every hobbyist calling in to figure out how to adjust the EN/P it wouldn't be worth including the option.
        If the how and why of the options are known, the added value of the options are known.
        I havnt compared the price of the 280 with the 280 DX yet, but no matter how much more I'm requesting wireless foot controls as well.

Comment

Yea maybe, if a person can read and comprehend the written word then they should be able to press a few buttons in a particular order

I did get the wireless foot pedal and it is nice.
          Richard
          West coast of Florida

Comment

could you repeat that?
            use pictures next time to save me from using Google translation please

Comment

Would flag semaphore be acceptable?
              Richard
              West coast of Florida

Comment

How would you do that and type at the same time?

Comment

I dont speak flag

Comment

****, I can't get a break!

When will you decide on the TIG machine purchase? Let us know which way you go.
                    Richard
                    West coast of Florida

Comment

Will do. Was asked to incorporate fume extraction as well so there will be that coming from Miller too.

Comment

I just hold my breath.

Comment

That's what I'm doing...not sure of its the lack of oxygen or my welding lense is getting darker

Comment

LGS reps came by today to talk fume extraction. We agreed that what we want is far more than what we need but it will offer the ability to cover most any bases required in the future.
                            This is the unit ordered, with a second arm for symmetry.
                            https://www.millerwelds.com/safety/fume-extraction/filtair-swx-wall-mounted-fume-extraction-system-m00394#!/?product-options-title=filtair-swx-s-self-cleaning-filter-single-arm-package-12-ft-zoneflow-arm-951761

Comment

I meant LWS not LGS, however I'm sure if we were to be in the market to purchase 20k worth of rifles and another 20k worth of ammo any LGS would oblige.

Comment

Working...
                              X