MM 180 Autoset Wire Drive Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM 180 Autoset Wire Drive Motor

It is time to replace my gun assembly and I would like to go to a 15ft. I have read some old threads and apparently the factory wire drive is not up to the task. The threads mention the new model drives are more powerful and will fit as a replacement. I am aware that my autoset settings will change which is fine with me as I don't use the autoset.

The problem is that those old threads don't give a part number or a model number for the welders that got the heavier duty drives. Can you guys help? Has anyone made the change? I called miller tech and they haven't heard of what I want to do so they couldn't give me a part number.

I'm hoping someone has made the swap successfully and can help me out.

Can you link to the threads you were reading so we can all be on the same page?

Comment

It took me a while but I finally found it. https://forum.millerwelds.com/forum/...the-miller-211

Comment

It's toward the end of page one and into page two.

Comment

After rereading the thread a couple of times it looks to me like I want a MM 190 drive motor. I thought this mod would be more common.

Comment

The newer motor part number is 261150.
            Kevin Schuh
            Service Technician
            Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Great. Thank you Kevin. Will the new motor throw my wire speed so far off that it will be unusable? Or is it a slight change. I don't really use the door information. I always dial my machine by hand. My own custom settings.

Comment

It won't throw it way off but that motor will a little faster than the original one.
                Kevin Schuh
                Service Technician
                Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

Comment

Awesome. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X