Bobcat 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobcat 225

I have a bobcat 225 with the 16 hp Onan , I had been converted to run on propane. I’m wanting to switch it back to gasoline. What all is needed to do this , I know I will have to change carb. Does it use a fuel pump? Where is the best place to get the parts I need? Thanks in advance

You'll need a gasoline carb and a fuel pump. They were available with either a crankcase vacuum fuel pump or an electric fuel pump. You can pick up both vacuum and generic 1/4" electric fuel pumps for cheap on ebay, but you probably want a genuine carb. The parts manual for the motor (not the welder) should give a part number for the carb. I don't think there's any other adjustments or changes needed, but you might want to look at the manual for the engine to make sure.

If you don't want to keep it, I might give you a few bucks for the propane parts. My neighbor has a propane onan rv generator that needs a pressure regulator that he was asking me if I could poke at...

Comment

This one has ran flawlessly for years, it has got to when you start it , it runs on one cyl for a minute and then it picks up the other. It seems to load up after running , it starts dieing down till it eventually quits. That’s my reason for thinking of switching to gas

Comment

Have you checked your spark plugs, plug wires, and valve lash adjustment?

It's probably a bad regulator, but it's worth checking the common maintenance items first, since they can also do that, especially overly tight valves.

Comment

Working...
        X