No announcement yet.

Syncrowave 300 OCV weld problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

383, I think your SCRs and diodes are ok, since you're getting full power without HF. It could be the HF spikes getting into your auxiliary transformer. The spark gap works like a fast switch that sends spikes back through the primary of your HV transformer to the 115V auxiliary circuit that comes off the main transformer. There is a filter circuit board (PC2) that has a couple components to block the spikes. If it's bad, it could be letting those HF spikes into your 115V circuit, which would wreak havoc on the control boards and cause your lights to flicker. One of many possible problems, but worth checking. We already mentioned R11 and C13, down near the HF arc circuit, making sure they're connected and look ok. I would add PC2 to your check.

Comment

Here are a few pics of pcb1 and the high freq board pcb2. There is a dark spot on pcb1 but it has been there for some time. Machine has worked intermittently with it there. So I dont think that's the problem but like I said I know very little a out this stuff. I'm just a welder.lol
      Last edited by 383welds; 10-05-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jjohn76 View Post
        383, I think your SCRs and diodes are ok, since you're getting full power without HF. It could be the HF spikes getting into your auxiliary transformer. The spark gap works like a fast switch that sends spikes back through the primary of your HV transformer to the 115V auxiliary circuit that comes off the main transformer. There is a filter circuit board (PC2) that has a couple components to block the spikes. If it's bad, it could be letting those HF spikes into your 115V circuit, which would wreak havoc on the control boards and cause your lights to flicker. One of many possible problems, but worth checking. We already mentioned R11 and C13, down near the HF arc circuit, making sure they're connected and look ok. I would add PC2 to your check.
        Jon, thanks for all your help...check this out... So today before work I pulled the two boards out and took a picture of them and posted them above. After work I came home, put the two boards back in and fired up the machine ( i did this yesterday too and machine wouldnt work) but today. first 5 seconds or so it showed 40ocv then it shot to 80 ocv...so I hit remote pedal with the HF in start position (HF buzzing was notiably louded today than yesterday). Ocv dropped to 40 I immediately switched the HF to continuous and it shot right back up to 80ocv like it should. I even welded a little bit. Shut it off and turned it back on everything seems fine..But!...now I am having the high frequency arc out inside the torch handle (water cooled) along with the usual high freq arc off the tungsten to the workpiece....what is going on here!l lol.. in the picture you can see the light blue arcing out inside torch handle
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X