New tig torch handle idea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tig torch handle idea?

sch 40 1/2 pvc pipe....1.35 for 2 foot lengths at home depot.....black or white
    Last edited by joetig; 07-28-2020, 09:20 AM.

i roughed it up with sandpaper and beveled the edges smooth inside and out
    Last edited by joetig; 07-28-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

ive used pvc to extend the factory handles but didn't think to run it all the way up
      certainly a valid suggestion jt

Comment

once you've used a speedway torch you might never go back to round again though

Comment

Has anyone used one of those pistol grip torches? Seems like it might be good for production bench welding that didn't require a lot of versatility.

Comment

Haven't used one, but my first thought when I saw this (torch) was, it would take awhile to get used to. I think you're right about using it at the bench.
            Richard
            West coast of Florida

Comment

We only use the featureless torches here, those pistol grip torches are illegal in California.

Comment

Originally posted by Electric4Life View Post
                We only use the featureless torches here, those pistol grip torches are illegal in California.
                Because they cause cancer?
                Richard
                West coast of Florida

Comment

everything in California is known to this state to cause cancer

Comment

Your leaders just want what’s best for you. Between them and the all knowing Hollywood folks, they should be able to practically cure cancer.

Comment

everything in California is known to this state to cause cancer
                      Ain't it the truth! I just bought a new boom lift to replace my old bucket truck. This sticker is on the door that covers the control panel! Really, a boom lift? Maybe because it lifts you up closer to the sun and you get more radiation? I think I feel even more sorry for the decent people who live in CA than I do for us poor suckers stuck in NY and too old to deal with moving out at this point. Click image for larger version

Name:	CANCER_CA.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	609928
                      Attached Files

Comment

You’re so fortunate to have the commiefornians looking out for your safety.

Comment

Probably the oil in it or the paint or even the metals(chrome comes to mind) Unfortunately there are real cancer risks out there but by labeling every thing that contains a possible carcinogen as dangerous, however unlikely dangerous exposure is, the real risky stuff get lost in the shuffle and people may be exposed because "everything" causes cancer and they stopped being careful.
                          I saw a warning label on a combine that said something to the effect of "Don't stick your hands in the Fan with the engine running". That's what we get for living in such a litigious society, I guess.

---Meltedmetal
                          ---Meltedmetal

Comment

been meaning to make the sticker;
                            "California has been known to the state of California to cause cancer"

Comment

once you've used a speedway torch you might never go back to round again though
                              that speedway torch looks interesting.......maybe ill take a pencil and rest it on the handle and wrap it with hockey stick tape and try to make my own speedway torch handle?

Comment

Working...
                              X