X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radnor Tig Torches any good?

just wondering if Radnor tig torches are any good

thanks

I don't know but I buy cheap air cooled torch heads from welding city and they work pretty good. At the price I pay they are disposable.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Comment

If used within their amp range and duty cycle I'm sure they would be. Many TIG welders like the CK brand and you won't find a much better torch, but then your skill level (or anyone's) is the most important component to a successful weld.
      Richard
      West coast of Florida

Comment

^^^what they said + buy 2

Comment

That’s the house brand for praxair I believe. Probably no better worse than most out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
            That’s the house brand for praxair I believe. Probably no better worse than most out there.
            I think they are also the house brand for airgas as well. I have not used those tig torches but I have used some of the Radnor smaw electrodes. Some were good, some were okay, and some, not so much.
            A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
            LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
            Lincoln Weldpak 100
            Gianttech Arc 200
            Victor O/A

Comment

I used them for years from Airgas, They are about 1/3 the price on ebay. Most vendors sell the same china torch with their name on it...Bob
              Bob Wright

Comment

That’s it, you guys are right, it’s Airgas, not Praxair. It was one of those “air” somethings. Either way, Chinese parts.

Comment

Originally posted by joetig View Post
                  just wondering if Radnor tig torches are any good

thanks
                  One of my machines (bought used) had a Radnor TIG torch on it....seemed fine, but wasn't any better than the inexpensive torches I've bought on eBay. There's one company, Mundaka Technologies, that I've bought several torches from now...they sell on eBay. The torch and braided lines feel and work just like the Weldcraft that came on my Syncrowave 250DX. I'm sure the Weldcraft is a bit better, but it costs several times more and I consider torches to be an expendable item...once they get beat up just buy a new one (actually, I keep a new spare on hand since they're not expensive).

Comment

Originally posted by Ltbadd View Post
                    If used within their amp range and duty cycle I'm sure they would be. Many TIG welders like the CK brand and you won't find a much better torch, but then your skill level (or anyone's) is the most important component to a successful weld.
                    Is that why my welds don't get any better no matter how much I spend on tools?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushytails View Post

Is that why my welds don't get any better no matter how much I spend on tools?
                      Weird, I thought that I was the only one to experience that phenomenon
                      Richard
                      West coast of Florida

Comment

It’s like my golf game, I was sure those expensive clubs would make my game better, but they must not be calibrated correctly because I lose just as many balls as before.

Comment

Radnor products are manufactured by name brand companies. Tweco, Harris etc. All the wire with Radnor on it is made by Lincoln, etc. It's just Airgas brand. Just the walmart of welding supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                            It’s like my golf game, I was sure those expensive clubs would make my game better, but they must not be calibrated correctly because I lose just as many balls as before.
                            but at least now you lose them in style
                            Richard
                            West coast of Florida

Comment

well i guess ill just support welding city since i dont weld that often......thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X