Miller 302 trailblazer power problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller 302 trailblazer power problems

My 302 trailblazer is producing 120v power for a couple seconds at startup. I tried checking rpms and they will not adjust on the machine display. I adjust the idle and the numbers stay the same. All display lights work. I couldn’t get it to strike an arc even when I have 120v.

What is your testing procedure and instrument to determine you have 120 V?

What DOES the machine do when you attempt to strike an arc?

Comment

All I’ve done is plug a grinder into it and hook up welding leads. When I start it, I tried to get it to arc and it does nothing but it will run a grinder for a few seconds. The display works perfect, I can adjust amperage. I initially thought to check rpms with the machine. It high speeds at 3780 and I can adjust the rpms but the digital display does not change. Basically I take it to idle and the display still shows 3780. I tested the 200 ohm resistor and it showing 196 ohms. It seems to me like it’s losing capacitance but I don’t know what or how to check.

Comment

I found the problem RC24 came unplugged on PC 1. It’s working good again Thanks

Comment

Easy fixes are good!

You might want to inspect the connector for any overheating or loose contacts or anything like that, and if it came unplugged because a broken latch, add a couple zip ties.

Comment

Easy fixes are good
            just hard to find glad you found it.

Comment

Working...
            X