Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASKANDY
    Well, here is the info.

Because there are no habitual failures, I can only give you approximates of different things that has gone bad. These prices are NOT including labor since labor varies by region.

I would say that by the numbers, a main pcb would be the most apt to fail and those are $373.
    A Micro pcb is $294.
    A HF pcb is $311.
    And if the power modules go, they are $300 a piece.

Those are List prices and some service agencies don't charge list.

For argument.... A Syncrowave main pcb is $746.

I hope this is what you wanted. It's all the data we have.

Andy
    Thanks for the numbers Andy but it must be that new math I keep hearing about....from what you gave us, I still don't see the dollar figure for the average repair cost of DX200....a number that Miller must track if it is to know costs to predict profits.

If you want to compare the cost of a Syncrowave main pcb ($746), I would guess that you would add the other boards together (main pcb $373 +
    micro pcb $294 + HF pcb $311 = $978 + labor$$$$) that make up the same functionallity...is that correct? Considering a DX200 runs for about $2900

http://cgi.ebay.com/MILLER-DYNASTY-2...QQcmdZViewItem

it still seems quite expensive to repair. Am I looking at this comparsion correctly? If not, what is the correct comparsion? We want to make sure that we are comparing apples to apples here.

Thanks

TMT

Comment

This is a thread that needs to go away. Andy's too much of a gentleman to delete for you. Did you even read his post on the Synchro issue you also posted on? Here's the pertinent part:

"This site can not be a place to banter about service problems. All I can do is pass the problem on to the proper department and leave it to them. I don't have any authority to push an issue one way or another. Our service network is set up to normally handle this 'cause we can not service everyone on an individual basis through this format. Even if we could handle it, there is no way all these service issues are even true miller problems. Anybody remember the problem with Stork's Pipepro??? After a bunch of Miller bashing it turns out someone was messing with his unit and wasn't our fault at all. Or the helmet issue this week where the guy's dealer dropped the ball and believe it or not....there are actually people out there that would do this to just get a different machine or an upgrade because they think that pissin enough will get results. Or how about the people that buy something off ebay and want us to fix it for them as they say " I just bought it a year ago and it don't work..."
      So for all of you who REALLY think we are not a service minded company and think that we are consiously blowing this guy off for the fun of it and may be holding your purchases off or changing your thoughts of Miller as a whole about the integrety, quality and vision of our company, it's apparent to me that you could be a bit on the shallow side. Do a search on service and do a count of the true (not fictional) service problems that we haven't taken care of and compare that to the ones that got good service.
      In your hearts, you know this to be true. In the states, we have a couple thousand service agencies where as in Canada your lucky to find a couple hundred across the entire region. I ask would this same situation be happening if it were a red, green, yellow or purple machine?? **** yea. The cold fact is it's just not as easy to do business in Canada in some areas. I'm sorry you got stung here but they are working on it.

Andy"

TMT, please DO NOT buy a Miller Dynasty or any other Miller product. They suck. They are expensive to repair, and their customer service sucks too. I wish I worked for Miller right now, so I could say, "We don't want your business..." I must be in a mood tonight...

Here's an interesting quote from your last post:

"I still don't see the dollar figure for the average repair cost of DX200....a number that Miller must track if it is to know costs to predict profits."

You know what? You're absolutely right. You just admitted that the number probably exists and that that number is MILLER's business, not yours.

Comment

Way to go Mac!!!
        TMT, time to chill and let go. You want propriatary info that competitors would like to have and expect Andy bust his hump and give it to you? For a "maybe I want to bid on a broke welder on E-bay" reason????? I vote with Mac, go buy something, anything other than Miller and quit casting aspersions on a company that provides THREE open forums for interested folks to enjoy, and allows folks to discuss all manner of competitors products, or complain openly about shortcomings in their products with no censorship. Front line technology costs money, and if it does fail out of warranty it may be expensive to fix, accept that and gain the benefits or else stay with the old stuff and let it go.
        Manny

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702

You know what? You're absolutely right. You just admitted that the number probably exists and that that number is MILLER's business, not yours.
          God forbid someone is trying to choose which model of product they want to buy from the company

Why do threads like these need to go away? If anything it shows how some information can be had which might not be available through any other means. Do you think anyone over the phone could get this information from Miller? What about product support like the syncro problem? He was getting shafted everywhere he went UNTIL he started to get help through THIS SITE. Take away the ability to do this, and you will just end up with frustrated customers without an outlet.

Personally I love this site. When my MM210 went up in a puff of smoke, tech support over the phone with Miller didn't go anywhere, and a repair depot would have needed 2-4 weeks. From here I got a response and a part shipped in the mail ASAP. That is one reason these types of sites are so good.

Comment

TMT,

Mac hit the nail right on the head!

Do you have any welding questions?

Please take your whining someplace else. SEE YA!
            Bob Sigmon
            A/O Setup with Meco Midget
            Miller Big Window Elite
            Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

own6volvos,

some things dont belong here as andy said he did not get the syncrowave isue solved, it was done through miller not here. as for your MM210 geting fixed you called some one and they took care of it andy did not send you the part, we may have helped you identafy the problem or find the right person to contact thats great but ANDY dosent do warentee work he can just direct you to the right department to call.
              thanks for the help
              ......or..........
              hope i helped
              sigpic
              feel free to shoot me an e-mail direct i have time to chat. [email protected]
              summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
              JAMES

Comment

Too_Many_Tools

are you realy that stupid, or just that big of an as- how much of ANDY's time do you realy think a used welder is werth. he obveusly cant give you the $$$$ you want or maybee Miller dosent have such a $$$ figure.you clearly are too-cheep-for-tools . buy a new 1 or take the risk on a used one but leave ANDY out of it. even if andy did tell you a $$$ amount i'm shoure if you bought a broke one and it was more $$$$ than he said you would start complaining that ANDY lied and deceved you and Miller should fix your welder cuz andy lied. its jerks like you that make the warentee system so complicated for the rest of us.. do us all a favor and go buy your self a red welder and start hanging out on there web site bugging them for clasified info.

at this point you are just being an %#@#$%* ANDY did what he could for you and it just isent enough, well get over it.
                thanks for the help
                ......or..........
                hope i helped
                sigpic
                summer is here, plant a tree. if you don't have space or time to plant one sponsor some one else to plant one for you. a tree is an investment in our planet, help it out.
                JAMES

Comment

Originally posted by own6volvos
                  God forbid someone is trying to choose which model of product they want to buy from the company

Why do threads like these need to go away? If anything it shows how some information can be had which might not be available through any other means.
                  Own6, please note that I didn't say "threads like these." I said: "this thread."

If you have the time and inclination, do a search on this guy's posts. He's been a one-sided Miller-basher from day 1, and keeps insisting on information that is none of our business, and has no real value in selecting a welder, used or otherwise. We have been extremely patient with him, especially Andy.

Comment

TMT

Your assumptions are wrong. Just because the process of operating the Dynasty is done through a few pcbs compaired to only 1 or 2 on the Sync doesn't mean they all fail when repair is needed. Even when a catastrophic failure happens, it usually is only 1 pcb that might be affected. Because labor rates vary by region, there is not enough data to calculate an accurate per piece average failure. There's not enough habitual failures to give a true number. YES we track total dollars of units sold and total warranty. I guess you could divide the total warranty cost by unit ser#s failed and get a number but like I said, some failures are on the cheap side and others might be more involved. I'm not privy to this number nor do I want to be. I have enough budget junk to track on my own. The number they are concerned with is total failure $$ vs total sales $$ and that gives them a total unit % of failure that they are required to stay under.

A-

Comment

Originally posted by fun4now
                      some things dont belong here as andy said he did not get the syncrowave isue solved, it was done through miller not here. as for your MM210 geting fixed you called some one and they took care of it andy did not send you the part, we may have helped you identafy the problem or find the right person to contact thats great but ANDY dosent do warentee work he can just direct you to the right department to call.
                      Actually, if you look at the thread on my 210 issue, after posting about the no help over the phone with miller, I had a miller employee respond to the thread and even went as far as to grab the correct item off the assembly line to make sure I got the part I needed. Andy isn't the only Miller guy that reads this board

BTW: He is the other "Kevin" in that thread (I am a Kevin as well).

Comment

Too much time-
                        were I work we have at least twentyfive maxstar 200 DX's they run around fifty hours a week.
                        we have had one failure after approx 4 years.
                        main board. local company quote was around 600.00-700.00
                        so in our model

one welder 2600 hours a year. x25 welders=65000 hours x4 years= 260000 hours
                        divided by $700=a total repair cost of just under three cents per hour.

I slept through most of my classes so if my math is as bad as my spelling feel free to correct.

by the way our OA welding sets cost more to maintian.

Geo.

Comment

Arcflash,

Now that's reality about some great equipment.

"what a tool" just has too much time on his hand and is trying to justify his existence, he should get a real job. He just doesn't understand that there is a cost of doing business and that there is never anything average about the cost of repairs. I'd love to see his mind warp if he tried to figure out what his next car repair is going to cost before it ever happens.

I also wonder if he has shown this thread to his superiors. He's probably afraid to cause they would show him the door.
                          Bob Sigmon
                          A/O Setup with Meco Midget
                          Miller Big Window Elite
                          Quincy QT-5HD

Comment

LETS JUST SAY FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUING THAT THERE WAS A DEPARTMENT IN Miller that had the exact $$$ figures too-cheep-for-tools wanted, there is no way Miller could post it here. if they did tomarow on the home page of the red brand in big bold print it would say Miller's estamated caust of repair is $735.59 (just made up a $$$) wile our welders average repair bill is under $600.00 and there would be no way to say it was a fixed $$$ because if it was more you just say "well it was an average" but it would no dought sway buyers even though it was missleading. so even if there was an anser for too-cheep-for-tools ANDY could not post it. however i an shoure ANDY would just say he couldnt release that info so it probly dosent exist, as he stated it is not somthing that at the company level is needed so why waist time and $$$ trying to figure it out . especaly as it realy is of no use cuzz it realy dosent tell you what it will $$$ to get a repair as it will depend on the failure and laber rate.so too-cheep-for-tools is just trying to waist andys time and complain about Miller. if you checked all too-cheep-for-tools posts you will see we could all do without him so lets hope he gets himself a nice used red welder and goes away
                            thanks for the help
                            ......or..........
                            hope i helped
                            sigpic
                            JAMES

Comment

NO TOOLS,
                              If you can`t afford a new one you can`t buy a broke one either.Like everyone before me stated get over it.
                              NUFF SAID

Comment

Evidently this is a subject that cant be discussed well. Power supply reliability ranges from tapped transformer to inverter, and variations in between. Tapped transformers i would think should last 30 to 60yrs. I dont know how long an inverter would be expected to last.

Comment

Working...
                                X