Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I safely power a Syncrowave 200 from either a Bobcat or Trailblazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might be easier to keep the current house and get a new wife.

Comment

I used to plug my first welding machine into the dryer socket. Worked great.

A mill will almost certainly use 240v. You can still run that off the dryer plug. You can even run a smaller 3ph Bridgeport with a phase converter off that circuit, only it’ll be limited to 2/3 capacity. I’m running one right now off a 230v circuit that another small lathe is powered by.

I think you should absolutely cramp your garage full of machinery.

Comment

From Bushytails: "For running cords around, flat submersible pump cable will fit under many doors, behind things, etc, and can be ran through windows with a little wooden shim to keep the cable from being pinched". Hmmm ... direct-bury, solid copper romex, running through the house and duct-taped to the floor? I love it! Do you speak from experience?

From walker: "It might be easier to keep the current house and get a new wife." ... Awesome!

From ryanjones2150: "I think you should absolutely cramp your garage full of machinery." Agreed! But this would probably require walker's solution as well.

All of this is good info. I think I will wait and see where we end up. I have not rented a place for over 35 yrs now, but if I was a landlord, I would not want my tennants digging into the main electrical service panel to add some high-amperage circuits for shop equipment to be used on the premises. Besides, I might lose my security deposit if I burn the place down. But it doesn't hurt to ask about adding some receptacles with a permit and a sign-off from a county inspector. Doubtful, but maybe.
        Maybe I'll just sell my gear and buy a fishing boat. I wonder what all that crap is worth? All that leftover steel and aluminum, accessories, filler rod, wire, electrodes, oxy-fuel torch, air compressor. Maybe there's a guy out there who's wife is complaining about him going fishing all the time and wants to trade?!!!
        Last edited by JohnChimpo; 06-12-2020, 04:08 PM.

Comment

From Bushytails: "For running cords around, flat submersible pump cable will fit under many doors, behind things, etc, and can be ran through windows with a little wooden shim to keep the cable from being pinched". Hmmm ... direct-bury, solid copper romex, running through the house and duct-taped to the floor? I love it! Do you speak from experience?

From walker: "It might be easier to keep the current house and get a new wife." ... Awesome!

From ryanjones2150: "I think you should absolutely cramp your garage full of machinery." Agreed! But this would probably require walker's solution as well.

All of this is good info. I think I will wait and see where we end up. I have not rented a place for over 35 yrs now, but if I was a landlord, I would not want my tennants digging into the main electrical service panel to add some high-amperage circuits for shop equipment to be used on the premises. Besides, I might lose my security deposit if I burn the place down.
          Maybe I'll just sell my gear and buy a fishing boat. I wonder what all that stuff is worth? Welders, all that leftover steel and aluminum, accessories, filler rod, wire, 7018s, oxy-fuel torch, air compressor. Maybe there's a guy out there who's wife is complaining about him going fishing all the time and wants to trade?!!!

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
              Where are you located?
              Wilmington, NC ... moving to Charlotte, NC area

Comment

Working...
              X