don’t order from millerserviceparts.com for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don’t order from millerserviceparts.com for a while

I ordered a couple hundred bucks worth of parts from millerserviceparts.com about a week and a half ago. No sign of the parts yet, no update from the shipper. I checked the status on their website...not yet shipped. I called and asked the status, they told me the parts are in stock but they won’t be able to ship them for another TWO WEEKS because of social distancing. I asked for a refund, they said they can’t cancel the order until it’s delivered and I request a return.

I’m a pretty understanding guy but this is a bit silly. So I have to go find parts elsewhere, wait for them to finally ship my goods, receive those goods and then request a return only to pay return shipping? That’s absurd.

So, the moral to the story...if you guys need parts, don’t count on millerserviceparts.com if you need your machines back up and running anytime soon.

Yep, that's BS!

Comment

There are a few mail order places like that. I'll see if I can run down the other ones - Welding Supply sticks in my head for a similar issue...

Comment

That's total bullcrap, and we'll remember this even when they say they are back to "normal." They are now on my ****list.

How did you pay? Can you file a dispute with a credit card?
        Last edited by MAC702; 06-04-2020, 06:28 PM.

Comment

I used my credit card. I probably could dispute it, and I still may, but since it’s not fraud I don’t really how that’ll work out. I almost don’t think it’s right that they already charged my card and have been sitting on my order. Maybe if they charged my card when the items shipped like some other companies I use it would be different. So they get to keep my money AND sit on my order for this long? That’s not right.

I ordered a part for a different job just this morning, got an email this afternoon from fedex saying that it will be delivered tomorrow.

A couple days after I ordered the miller parts I ordered some other parts from usaweld.com for my plasma cutter. The next day they called and said that one of my parts was back ordered, they expect it to be in within the next two to three days and asked if they could hold my order until all the parts arrived, make a partial shipment or cancel some or all of the order. Im a reasonable guy, I said they could hold it until it was complete, but it was a classy move for them to reach out and let me know what’s going on.

Comment

You're being held hostage by an asshat. I'd dispute it, whether your card company wants to call it fraud or not.

Comment

Not letting you cancel an order that hasn't been prepared or shipped, and won't be any time soon, seems kinda stupid. Your credit card company would definitely let you dispute that.

Comment

Their home page now says: Due to construction at the Miller warehouse all orders this week will be shipped on 6-8-2020.

Now they are blaming Miller?

Comment

Originally posted by ryanjones2150 View Post
                  I used my credit card. I probably could dispute it, and I still may, but since it’s not fraud I don’t really how that’ll work out. I almost don’t think it’s right that they already charged my card and have been sitting on my order. Maybe if they charged my card when the items shipped like some other companies I use it would be different. So they get to keep my money AND sit on my order for this long? That’s not right.

I ordered a part for a different job just this morning, got an email this afternoon from fedex saying that it will be delivered tomorrow.

A couple days after I ordered the miller parts I ordered some other parts from usaweld.com for my plasma cutter. The next day they called and said that one of my parts was back ordered, they expect it to be in within the next two to three days and asked if they could hold my order until all the parts arrived, make a partial shipment or cancel some or all of the order. Im a reasonable guy, I said they could hold it until it was complete, buat it was a classy move for them to reach out and let me know what’s going on.
                  Communication is a key element in keeping customers happy.
                  Unfortunately, too many companies don't understand the concept!

Griff

Comment

I haven't sen a problem ordering from the factory. Is that different?

Comment

That really sucks and I would remember that in the future to not deal with them again. That is pure messed up customer service!
                      A FEW OF MY TOYS !!!

MX Linux
                      LinuxMint

Miller Roughneck 2E
                      Lincoln Weldpak 100
                      Gianttech Arc 200
                      Victor O/A

Comment

Just call your credit card carrier and tell them the story. They'll stop the payment, or, if your account has already been charged, they'll credit it back to your account.

Bang and done. Life's too short to waste it on idiots like those.

Then go to miller4less.com and get on with your life.

Comment

The only reason I ordered from this joint in the first place was they actually had everything I needed, allegedly. Miller4less is where I’ve gone before, but they didn’t have all the parts. It’s mostly parts for a 30a.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes you really do just have to pony up the ransom to the place holding you hostage. Sucks.

Comment

Thanks for posting this up! It's a bummer when your local supply has none of the parts you need

Comment

Working...
                              X