C100 & Globular Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C100 & Globular Transfer

My understanding to date is that to do globular transfer you need pure CO2. It appears most tanks are small or huge. Two supply houses I’ve talked to have 20lb purchase or 200lb lease; nothing in the middle.

If globular welding follows the above trend can I assume that there are either very small amounts and very large amounts of globular being performed; no mid range?

I now have a machine (mm 255) that is capable of a lot more than my old 211 so looking for gas to experience/practice all its capabilities.

Is C100 the only way to do My understanding to date is that to do globular transfer you need pure CO2. It appears most tanks are small or huge. Two supply houses I’ve talked to have 20lb purchase or 200lb lease; nothing in the middle.

If globular welding follows the above trend can I assume that there are either very small amounts and very large amounts of globular being performed; no mid range?

I now have a machine (mm 255) that is capable of a lot more than my old 211 so looking for gas to experience/practice all its capabilities.

Is C100 the only way to do globular?
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

Well, that may not be correct. GoWelding.com had an article that claims the following: “Globular transfer is typically done with a C25 (25% CO2 and 75% Argon) or or greater percentage of Argon shielding gas.”

The article goes on to describe how to set up for globular, again most things fall back to settings: WFS/voltage.
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

Comment

https://www.thefabricator.com/thewel...ielding%20gas. ..Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

Originally posted by aametalmaster View Post
        Thanks. That was the article I'd gotten my original thinking that 100% CO2 was necessary. I think the Fabricator site is pretty reliable so I'm going with that but as noted earlier some sites say different. Getting CO2 around here hadn't been like going to WalMart. :-)

==============
        Miller 211 MVP
        Hobart StickMate LX 235
        Lincoln AC 225
        CutMaster 42

Comment

When I was doing mostly CO2 GMAW, I had a 50# cylinder that I purchased and still have. It could be gotten with or without the dip tube for liquid draw or gas draw. I opted for the dip tube because I used it for refilling my portable tanks for the Millermatic Passport. That about the same physical cylinder size as a 330CF of other gases.

As we mention in every gas thread, what you can get depends entirely on where you are and the local businesses you rely on. There is no consensus across the nation.

I also had a 20# for shop welding, which lasts about as long as a 150CF of other shielding gases.

Comment

Working...
          X