Pro 300 sounds like static when welding after repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro 300 sounds like static when welding after repair

So we just had a pro 300 repaired due to a code 22 when getting it back engine side runs perfect but now welding side sounds like **** almost like a static to where you think leads are backwards. If you pull out just a hair arc goes out. I can hear the sound difference from the other 2 welding machines we have running all times.. It took them almost 2 months to fix didnt really wanna take it back to them if I didnt have to heres the bill and what was done any help would be great

You need to take it back. Have them give you a loaner.

Comment

They sure did replace a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with the reason you took it in!

Comment

I don't see that they charged you for the regulator board.

Comment

Originally posted by MAC702 View Post
          They sure did replace a lot of stuff that had nothing to do with the reason you took it in!
          I didn't do this repair but if we find a starter going out we replace it. A week from now it could fail completely and the customer would question if we knew it was bad why didn't you replace it? Replacing brushes is normal. First thing we check. So they thought it was the control board, ordered one and it didn't fix the problem. Removed the new board and didn't charge him. replaced the regulator board and load banked machine ok. I don't see where they put it on a scope. Load bank only tells you rated output, not the quality of the weld. Could still have an IGBT, capacitor or control problems. Any machine that has IGBT, or SCR's should be scoped to tell if all of them are firing.

Comment

Yes i knew starter was going bad told them that but ok thanks for all the reply before I took it in for the code 22 it was perfect everyone who used it like it.. We recently bought 3 new pro 400 and I'll tell you what they do not run like my 300 used too every one would want the old 300
            all of our pro 400s have been back for repairs and none are still fully running right I'll Have to start a new thread on those... Thanks again

Comment

Working...
            X