Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with wiring Magnum 250 LX Spool Gun with Miller 255?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aametalmaster
    replied
    Originally posted by 64Guru View Post
    It seems everyone uses miller spools with Lincoln machines, but not the other way around.

Thanks
    There is a reason no one uses a Lincoln. I myself hate using them. They are just awkward. My buddy has a big truck garage and i took my own Miller welder and spool gun rather then use his. Sorry...Bob

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    Here's an example of the crimp connectors from eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183617977644

Leave a comment:

• jjohn76
    replied
    I have gone two routes finding these plugs. First route was finding an import plastic plug on ebay. It comes with crimp pins, so you would need the right crimp connectors to do it right. The second route is to search 3106A18-1P on eBay and look for an Amphenol connector. You need to re-clock it, which means pull the snap ring behind the plug and rotate the blue insert until the pins match the remote receptacle on your Millermatic. Hope this helps.
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• Help with wiring Magnum 250 LX Spool Gun with Miller 255?

Hey guys, I’m new to this forum and have been looking to find someone with this same problem, but can’t seem to find anyone. It seems everyone uses miller spools with Lincoln machines, but not the other way around.

I bought a Multimatic 255 and was hoping to hook up my Lincoln magnum 250 lx spool gun to it. I have seen a couple people say it can be done but haven’t found anyone who HAS actually done it.

Does anyone know if it can be done without machine mods?

If so, does anyone have a part number for a 10 pin Amphenol plug?

I was hoping that I could wire that plug [that I could hopefully get from Galco.com, Alliedelec.com, mouser.com etc.?] onto the end of the Lincoln spool gun-instead of Lincoln’s 7 pin amphenol-looking plug, plug it into the 255 and weld!?! Lol

I have seen that a member on here, ‘Cruiser’, has a LOT of info on Miller plugs, and also sells them. Hopefully he or someone could let me know if, in fact, I can do this x-over?

Thanks
Working...
X