Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bushytails
    replied
    I'd take a good hard look at the switch before replacing the most expensive part in the machine.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Austin
    replied
    Continued troubleshooting the 250DX today. Connected a SMAW stinger to the machine and selected the appropriate mode. No output on AC or DCRP. Error code was HLP 11. Miller says the 5 volts being routed through the process switch is not being recognized by the control board and the problem is in the circuitry on the board. Time to buy a new board

Leave a comment:

• Bill Austin
    replied
    I also wanted to add that I did a power on reset on the machine and there are no error codes displayed when I weld with AC and the machine malfunctions.

Leave a comment:

• Electric4Life
    replied
    remote/machine switch isn't getting thrown when you go to AC is it?
    Might try turning the amperage down below 50 amps and try again.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Austin
    replied
    Sorry Guys, my bad, I’m running the machine in GTAW and I’m on DCSP. The machine welds steel in GTAW just fine. The issue occurs in AC. I don’t use this machine for SMAW. The serial number of the machine is LJ190036L. Appreciate your help.

Leave a comment:

• ryanjones2150
    replied
    Sounds like it’s stuck in DCEP. If it has a selector lever, cycle it a few times and see what happens. Or maybe the balance is completely out of whack.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Assume you're doing stick on DCRP? What happens with DCSP? Need your serial number to look at the right diagrams.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Austin
    started a topic Syncrowave 250DX Issue

Syncrowave 250DX Issue

My 250DX Weld’s fine on DCRP. When I switch to AC for aluminum, then depress the foot peddle down, the machine appears to go into full power and blows a hole in the material and vaporizes the tungsten. The machine was made in 2008. Has any else experienced a similar issue and what was causing the issue?
Working...
X