Lincoln na-3 wire feed problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln na-3 wire feed problem

I know this is a miller forum so sorry if I disrespect anyone but I have a problem with a Lincoln na3 wire speed.

Doesn’t matter if I inch or up and when starting weld, the speed is maxed out. Doesn’t matter the setting on speed pot, it just peels off the spool.

i was thinking the pot is causing the problem,maybe the wiper wire? I know from past experiences with motors,that if the wiper isn’t connected, the motor just automatically spins a max rpm. I’m going to check this in a second when I run hone to get my meter.

But in case that isn’t it,does anyone have any ideas on what could be causes this issue?

its amazing how many problems we have out of the pretty new na3 and the na5. I mean it’s the exact same problems between the two machines.

I can't say I've ever seen one of those... Are you sure the problem isn't that it's the wrong color, and needs to be blue?

https://www.lincolnelectric.com/asse...oln3/im278.pdf

Is that the unit you're asking about?

It could be a bad pot or bad wiring to the pot like you say, or, since it seems to be all electronic, a problem anywhere in the wire speed control section of the control board, or feedback if it has it.

Comment

Make sure the liner is good also...Bob
      Bob Wright

Comment

With Lincoln i will need a code number to check for your problem..

Comment

Working...
        X