new bobcat 250 lp runs then shuts off and wont start again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new bobcat 250 lp runs then shuts off and wont start again

alright guys so ive got a lp bobcat 250 welder with 196 hours . about 3 weeks ago it wouldn't shut off and the guys had to kill the lp to get it to die . then it wouldn't stay running ,itd run for a few seconds then shut off. I sent it off to miller for warrenty work and was told the air breather and lp reg were both clogged up and the wasn't under warrenty ok $160 no problem . started it up again today and ran it for 6 hours and now same thing shutting off and not starting back up. any one have any ideas? fresh oil change new air filter ..I don't want to jump the oil shut off and void the warrenty .
    s/n is mj441248r

Same bottle of gas? LP regulator clogged again?

Comment

we've tried 4 different bottles on it . im honesty not sure how to drain these regulators of the tar . there is a allen head plug on the bottle of it but I don't wanna fool with it without knowing 100%

Comment

Could your hose be decomposing inside? Or new, and has some sort of loose crud stuck inside that is flaking off? I don't know much about LP systems, but I have seen defective hydraulic hoses flake off of the inside and cause clogs.

Comment

its brand new , that could be a possible . debateing on having miller pick it back up and pay again for something that should be covered

Comment

I would find a local generator/small engine shop to work on it...Bob
            Bob Wright

Comment

just might . something odd is going on with this one for sure ,tried it out this morning and sure enough its been running for the past hour

Comment

I’d be lost on LP. How new is this machine ? You could chasing Lp or something else.
                Sounds like what I get into could be anything or 2 or more problems going on at one time.

Comment

machine was bought last year and only has 196 hours on it . yeah im pretty much lost on lp systems as well

Comment

Really don’t know of a site you could look at other than weldingweb . I look at a generator site they know a lot about LP but you may search around.

Comment

What about a forklift site would they use the same fuel as you are ?

Comment

Try this link
                        https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forum...nd-tuning.198/

Comment

Sure the oil change was done correctly, with the correct amount of oil, and everything tight and not leaking when done?

Comment

Working...
                          X