Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone
    replied
    Good morning thanks for the info I work on that and get back to you thank ,,

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    And, most obviously, check that your brushes are not worn down and are free to move in their holders.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    So at least you need a new current control. The Miller part number in the manual is 218565 but that is obsolete. New Miller part number is 241165. It's in stock for $111 at Miller4less.com; $131.00 at BR Welding Supplies, and $77.45 at Onlinecomponents.com. It's also available on ebay under the old number for around $140.

The big guys like Mouser, Digikey, Newark, Allied, etc. all have it priced between $75-$85, but they don't have any in stock and the soonest availability date is October. So, if you want one, I'd buy it while you have the chance. The generic OEM part number (it's made by Ohmite) is RJS150. There is also a version with an E suffix to the part number, meaning it is compliant with European Rhos requirements. You can use either one, but the E version will cost more. No need for it.

While you have it apart, I would check to make sure the capacitor C1 isn't shorted, and I would check the diodes in the SR2 bridge rectifier. The control probably got a crack in it and that's what fried it--not an uncommon failure with high wattage pots.

If you don't already have one, you can get a manual by going to the SUPPORT link at the top of this page, manuals and parts, and put your serial number in the block at the left bottom of the page.

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    I have about 50% knowledge of electricals
    Yes I have a multimeter.
    It have not work for while probably a year and half .. From the info i got and realize that it's not giving no current to the oulets or the welding stick.
    The machine starts very good but do not produce current ,, the only thing that I notice is the amp regulatory burnt this noticeable when the cover is off and you are looking at it from the inside you can see where the windings start the disassemble from each other..

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Good. That's it. I'll pull up the diagrams and have a look later this evening.

What is the history of this thing?
    New to you or have you welded with it before and it just quit?
    How long since it worked?
    Electric or pull start?
    Do you have a multimeter?
    Are trained/confident working around hot circuits than can potentially kill you?
    What is your electrical/electronics level of knowledge?

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    Good evening (Aronca41) here Is the serial # for the blue star 185

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    Ok thanks curfew have me can't get to workshop ' has soon I get there I will send info.

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    Neither of those is correct. It's going to be two letters followed by six numbers, most likely, like KJ123456.

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    That is that only thing I got that have numbers attach too Don't know if there can help .. See with this lock down I can't get to the workshop so got someone to send that info.

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aeronca41
    replied
    I think it should be on the generator if it's not on the control panel. Engine serial number is no help.

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    Can you give me a idea where can I find or look for the serial #?

Leave a comment:

• Stone
    replied
    Thanks will get it and reply. // is this the serial # off the engine or the generator section?

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    Serial # please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X