Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walker
    replied
    I have a Miller Sync 350, and that even comes short some times. I think my days a buying a Dynasty 700 are passed though. I just turn down the work .i don’t have the amps for.

Leave a comment:

• GlenC
    replied
    Originally posted by walker View Post
    Just keep the 350p, no sense selling it to just buy a similar machine. I’d just keep the 200dx as well. Unless your aluminum welding needs exceed its capacity then it is a fine machine. If you need more than 130 amps of stick welding, or more than a 350p can output then why spend money that is going to sit in the shop and do nothing. If you want to sell something, sell the handler, it’s functions covered by the 350. I am not a fan of all in one units for the sole reason of, when it breaks you have lost all welding capacity.
    I agree, That is exactly what I decided to do. When I reviewed all the specs of all the machines in question, the 350P and 200DX win.... agreed, no need for the Handler the 350P fully covers it. It might be nice to have a 280DX....

Leave a comment:

• walker
    replied
    Just keep the 350p, no sense selling it to just buy a similar machine. I’d just keep the 200dx as well. Unless your aluminum welding needs exceed its capacity then it is a fine machine. If you need more than 130 amps of stick welding, or more than a 350p can output then why spend money that is going to sit in the shop and do nothing. If you want to sell something, sell the handler, it’s functions covered by the 350. I am not a fan of all in one units for the sole reason of, when it breaks you have lost all welding capacity.

Leave a comment:

• GlenC
    started a topic Thinking about changing my welding equipment

Thinking about changing my welding equipment

I currently have a Hobart Handler 150, original 220v transformer based MIG, a Dynasty 200DX/coolmate 400 and a MM350P with a 25' XR-Aluma Pro and a Bernard Q300 gun and a Hypertherm Powermax 45.

Getting older, not doing anywhere as much as planned. Haven't powered up the welders for 4 years after moving. The Dynasty replaced a old Miller Econo-Twin HF and the Hobart was the first mig.....

The Handler 150 is very nice, but maybe not as versatile as I would like and 220v only. The 350P is obviously more than I need, but it's a great machine.

Dielima, I have considered selling the 150 and 350P and possibly replacing with a Millermatic 255. I like the idea of experimenting with pulsed MIG. For years I had an eye on the Multimatic 215, but didn't think I really need the multi process. With that, the 200DX will do 150A TIG & 130A DC stick @60% and the Multimatic 255 will do 275A TIG & 200A stick @60%.

I guess I need to decide on the TIG needs, because I should be able to get by on thick material with ⅛ stick multipass @130A.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Working...
X