Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• showme
    replied
    Ok, so I called the seller (Weldfabulous, online) and they told me to call Miller and gave me the number to call. I called, got the service dept, and the guy told me that yes, the covers are all on one rod. I told him I'd tried a welding rod to drive it out, but it just bent, and he replied, "Oh, no! Don't do that, you may really mess it up." He then told me to remove the face plate's bezel and the rod would pop out, then to remove the covers to one side of the broken one and slide the new one and the other two back on, then snap it back into place. I asked if the faceplate (control panel) would have to move? I was a little worried about wire's disconnecting or hard connections needing loosened up to get to it, but the rep said no, the bezel (the black trim around the face plate) would come away from the unit and it would be an easy task. Hardest thing to do is to pull those 6-8 hex head screws out. But thanks for the suggestions, men. I appreciate the other ideas. Now I just need to get back down to the property to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    I miss understood which covers you were asking about. Yes that rod goes all the way through. Pain to replace just one cover. I take a 5" very thin bolt and tap the rod from one end until I expose the cover I want to replace.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Thanks for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• 1997CST
    replied
    They are riveted in. Take a drill and drill off the head and a punch gets the shaft out.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Not sure but if you have a very small punch to start it hopefully it’ll come easy after that.

Leave a comment:

• showme
    replied
    Thanks, Kpack. The welder is at our property so I can't go out and look at it, but I'm thinking I may have to shove the rod that the four covers 'hang' on out one end until the broken cover comes off and then slide it back in through the new one and then through the remaining cover hinge holes. When I looked at it yesterday, I would have sworn that it was a pop-off and snap on affair, but when I got the new one in the mail today, it definitely looks like the hinge rod is going to have to go through the hinge holes. I can't believe I can't find anything on this. I've done about a dozen searches for information. Guess i'll make a video and figure out how to post it on youtube. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Yep shows that rod going through the top of the covers. Looks like it comes out the left side but I don’t know if it matters which side there’s holes on both sides of the plastic trim ring.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    I looked at a parts manual and don’t see any screws. I’ll look at mine later I really don’t know how they come out.

Leave a comment:

• Kpack
    replied
    Sometimes I can Find different things out of the parts manual from the pictures

Leave a comment:

• Outlet/post cover replacement, how to change, Bobcat 250 LP question

I recently bought a 2012 Bobcat 250, and the black plastic cover 'flap' that protects the 110 outlets was broken off. The remainder of the section that the hinge rod attaches to is still on the welder. I just got in a new cover, but I have no idea how to get the old one off or the new one on. I'm assuming the whole rod has to come off, but I can't make out how to do it. It's not in my owners manual. Anybody have any clue or know of a youtube video? (I searched for videos on this subject, but I'm not finding anything.) Thanks for any help on this.
Working...
X